Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This might seem weird..

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:21 PM
  • 9 Replies

Did anyone else have sore gums/teeth early in pregnancy? I have never had a problem with either but in the last week my gums are swollen and my teeth/gums are just very tender! I know they say circulation etc. increases in pregnancy and I wasn't sure if this could have anything to do with it.

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Clemency3
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't have issues with that but I do know it is normal. 

CafeMom Tickers
MooreMom523
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Thanks--I don't remember it being a problem with my first but that was nearly 3 years ago now (hard to believe) and I know every pregnancy is different.

Quoting Clemency3:

Clemency3
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:29 PM

yea...there are so many changes that can occur even eye sight. I had to have mine checked with this pregnancy (number 3) and it did change...not drastically but to the point I had to change my prescription. it is crazy how pregnancy can change all sorts of things. 

Quoting MooreMom523:

Thanks--I don't remember it being a problem with my first but that was nearly 3 years ago now (hard to believe) and I know every pregnancy is different.

Quoting Clemency3:

CafeMom Tickers
kaylashae454
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. Omg mine hurt alot more & they will bleed randomly or when I brush my teeth now, Before I got pregnant they never bled or hurt this bad. I cant eat nothing cold hardly now and it kills me cause all I want is ice cream. Lol hopefully when I have the baby it will go away. (I am 6 months the 29th!)

samsanders
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes! Mine are still tender and I'm 24 weeks. My dentist said its normal. Just to be very gentle while brushing and flossing but to make sure you are twice a day.
staciexo
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Totally normal! I went to the dentist because i was worried my teeth/gums are always sore and bleeding when i brush and floss and they said its just all the horomonal changes. 

MooreMom523
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:02 AM
So glad it's normal...I had almost no pregnancy issues with my DD but geesh I'm barely pregnant this time around and I'm getting my butt kicked by a fetus.
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I always do when pregnant
babyfish0511
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM
I did and now that I am in the 3rd tri it's much worse. My gums bleed all the time now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)