Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What was labor like for you?!

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hey ladies,

just wondering what labor was like for any of you and was wondering if you could please share your experiences!? Labor is one thing I think about each day... I have a while yet, but I am definitely scared.
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ilovemybbgrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Girl I hear you! I'm a natural birther and I'm on baby number 5. No pregnancy or birth has been the same but they all have definitely hurt! I'm 35 weeks this week and I'm so anxious with the waiting game!
smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I had an Epidural with both, so I was able to take out the pain of contractions. But I knew I needed to push because the pressure became intense. I only pushed a half hour with each of my boys. 7lbs 6oz and 9lbs 10oz.
ShelbyWalton
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM
omg 5?! All natural! lol You are beyond strong! :-) were your labors really long? I just hear such horror stories... so everyone has me terrified. I plan on getting an epi...

Quoting Ilovemybbgrl:

Girl I hear you! I'm a natural birther and I'm on baby number 5. No pregnancy or birth has been the same but they all have definitely hurt! I'm 35 weeks this week and I'm so anxious with the waiting game!

ShelbyWalton
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I plan on getting an epidural as well. It comforts me to hear that it went well for you. Does the getting the epi hurt? How long until you waited to get one? :-)

Quoting smorgan865:

I had an Epidural with both, so I was able to take out the pain of contractions. But I knew I needed to push because the pressure became intense. I only pushed a half hour with each of my boys. 7lbs 6oz and 9lbs 10oz.

Ilovemybbgrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I was induced with them all so the pitocin had to work that took the most time. I'm hoping no pitocin this time I heard that's more painful for the contractions. I'd love A little less intense labor!
SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I had all 6 of my babies 100% natural.  Each labor is different so it's very hard to answer your question.  It is normal to be scared but remember that our bodies are made to do this. Having a strong support system and remaining calm will help!

connorsmama06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I have had three. Each of them were 100% different. My first was 9 hours and I was induced due to PreE. Mt second was on my own and he got stuck in my pelvic bone. It took almost 24 hours to get him out. But I did have him natural. My third tried coming at 22 weeks, 30 weeks, 33 weeks then 35 weeks. She was finally born at 38 weeks and in  less then 4 hours

smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Getting the Epi was just a pinch, like getting a shot. Hardest part is if you have a contraction while they are doing it, you just have to breathe through it. But I was actually able to sleep for an hour or so afterward, both times. I was about 6-7 cm both times.

Quoting ShelbyWalton:

I plan on getting an epidural as well. It comforts me to hear that it went well for you. Does the getting the epi hurt? How long until you waited to get one? :-)

Quoting smorgan865:

smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM
My labor without pitocin was FAR more intense than my one with it.

Quoting Ilovemybbgrl:

I was induced with them all so the pitocin had to work that took the most time. I'm hoping no pitocin this time I heard that's more painful for the contractions. I'd love A little less intense labor!

Tmanlelehanni
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Honestly, labor sucked. I've had 1 home birth and 1 planned home birth that resulted in transfering to the hospital. My first labor was 51 hours long, and had to be augmented with pitocin. 

The worst part of labor: fear! no joke. Fear is what caused my first labor to take so long. My second labor was a successful home birth that lasted 11 hours. It was the most amazing thing in the world. 

Im doing another planned home birth, due in 9 days! Cant wait. The most important thing to remember is that it doesnt last forever. It feels like it in the midst of labor, but it doesnt. Also, remembering to focus on labor and nothing else helps. Relaxation is key.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN