Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I fell..

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:54 PM
  • 13 Replies
So my grandpa built a swing and hung it up. He tested it an everything. My grandma and I sat in it this afternoon and while we were it fell. It wasn't far to the ground. Just 2 feet at most. It didn't hurt either of us.. Now I'm freaking out though.. What if something happened to baby and I didn't feel it. He isn't super active and I haven't felt any serious like since it happened, but he wasn't kicking a ton before that.

Is this something you would call the midwife about immediately, or does it seem simple enough that I could just bring it up at my appointment in Tuesday.

I'm almost 24 weeks.
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I wouldnt worry baby is well protected but thats just me.
lillucky8
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:56 PM
You fell on your bum? Or belly? If your bum im sure youre fine, might have a bruise but im sure baby is fine, the cacoon baby is in keeps him pretty safe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriaherring
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:58 PM
On my bum. I don't even have a bruise.. I guess my behind is pretty well padded. Lol.

Quoting lillucky8:

You fell on your bum? Or belly? If your bum im sure youre fine, might have a bruise but im sure baby is fine, the cacoon baby is in keeps him pretty safe
Supervane
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Don't worry your baby is protected by the fat in your body, it's placenta and amniotic sac

I was in a car accident at 27 weeks because an old lady was driving on the wrong side of the road. She's 6 now.
lesalmi
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:04 PM

If you didnt hit the ground and arent in pain, you really dont need to worry

staciexo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I wouldnt worry. I fell when i was 36wks with my first son down my in laws front steps and landed flat on my back on the stairs. I bruised and it hurt like hell but baby was cushioned enough he didnt feel anything! Unless you fell onyour tummy or baby isnt moving i wouldnt worry. Prbably ur stress is making him more active than before.

LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I wouldn't worry....I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow and I walked outside Saturday morning, to let the dog out, and I guess the grass was a little wet because when I came back in, as soon as my wet socks hit the tile floor, my feet flew out from under me and I fell flat on my butt.
It knocked the wind right out of me but baby is fine because she's got plenty of cushion in there.

Try to relax and not stress about it....that'll do more harm than a fall to your butt.

lillucky8
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:58 PM

well it is the biggest muscle of the body! lol and even if you have a tiny behind baby has lots of padding inside, i think you both are fine :)

Quoting victoriaherring:

On my bum. I don't even have a bruise.. I guess my behind is pretty well padded. Lol.

Quoting lillucky8:

victoriaherring
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Thanks ladies! I have just freaked out over every little thing lately. Its not even my first baby. With my first I felt bullet proof. I fell down a couple of stairs in the winter and tripped in a pothole and never worried much. I'm not sure why I'm so worried this time.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:19 PM

As long as you don't have pain or bleeding and he is still moving. It should be fine. Drink something cold and sweet and lay down and see if he starts to move more. But at 24 weeks it can be easy to miss the big movement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)