Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What quick but healthy foods are you eating??

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:04 AM
  • 22 Replies
Hey ladies, I'm in my third trimester with twins and I swear I am ALWAYS craving restraint and fast food, mainly for convenience since I am exhausted 99 percent of the time from cooking two babies and keeping up with my 4 and 7 year olds. I seem to never want what's in the house because I don't want to put in the time to cook it. Just wondering what everyone else is eating? Lunch is my biggest issue! Maybe hearing what you ladies do for a quick healthy bite will inspire my taste-buds to try some new stuff and get out of my food rut. Thanks :)
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrimalMom
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:50 AM

If you are eating fast food you are probably eating hot food.. my convenient foods are always cold. Fruit and yogurt. Peanut butter on crackers or apples. Cheese cubes. Cold veggies and ranch dressing. I rarely eat hot lunches actually unless I'm eating breakfast leftovers! Sorry but hope I helped maybe a little!

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Rice... I call it easy because we have a rice cooker so it just goes in with water or broth and cooks. I make it before I get hungry so it's all done when I need it. Boiled eggs. Bag salads and veggies with cheese. Fruit which can be cut ahead and just add lemon juice so it won't brown. For sweets I make apple pie bites, eat a single serve ice cream cup, make cookies. I also like to make foods in the crock pot so it is easy. I really like chicken in the crock since I can just reheat leftovers and they are still tasty and it gives me a lot of choices(chicken salad, chicken and rice,chicken sandwich). I eat baked loaded potatoes a lot too. Parfaits as well.
mem82
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I keep it simple and eat a banana or apple. Kinda lame but easy.

Oh, I also love breakfast food so I'll eat that randomly thorughout the day.

Tmanlelehanni
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM

fresh fruit is always quick. cheese and crackers. I also have pre prepped salad stuff for a quick healthy lunch!

Mommylovesdada
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Me too. I'll regularly have eggs or oatmeal for lunch lol its easy and filling.

Quoting mem82:

I keep it simple and eat a banana or apple. Kinda lame but easy.

Oh, I also love breakfast food so I'll eat that randomly thorughout the day.

MoxieMae
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Thanks ladies, sounds like most of you are eatting the same stuff I do, I'm just sick of it all. lol. Maybe I'll bust out the crock pot so I can have some hot meals for a while.

YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Oatmeal with yogurt, cottage cheese and berries, yogurt with berries, apple with peanut butter, quinoa porridge, eggs with cheese, handful of nuts.
lUcKyLoVe22
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:40 PM
All I crave is the same things. Mainly Mexican food though. I haven't cooked in awhile. I eat a lot of rice and beans. I know it's bad, but I can't seem to fight the cravings for it. You could do things like fresh veggies, fruits, crackers and cheese, yogurts, granola bars. I ate a lot of fruit and vegetables with my last pregnancy. Not so much with this one. I'm ashamed.
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Eggs (hard boiled, sandwiches, etc...), oatmeal, salads, whole wheat bread & butter, sliced potatoes fried in the skillet w/cheese, veggie sticks with ranch, tomatoes w/cottage cheese
Nee86
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I'm currently eating a bacon lettuce sandwich. Was quick and easy.
My midwife has also told me, bacon (good bacon not crap bacon) is my friend!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured