Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Getting the gender wrong

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:31 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hey ladies, I always hear stories about women finding out at their 20 week ultra sound that they are having a girl, then it turns out to be a boy on D day, has anyone ever had the opposite happen? I can have my baby at any time now, and I am anxious because at our 20 week ultra sound the tech was not that great, the whole hour appointment she was thinking girl all around, then the last few minutes she said she saw something that may make this a boy, so now we really aren't sure, we got everything gender neutral just in case. What are some of your stories?

Misty

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
farmlovin
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:44 PM
They had both of my babies right, but I also have a million u/s's. I have had some late blooming boys stories happen to friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Laura on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM

my friend was told numerous times she was having a girl.....she had a boy

ErinT
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM

My sister was told boy at 20 weeks and a little later. She delivered a healthy baby girl via c-section at 39 weeks ;) It happens, thankfully she already had 1 girl and 2 boys so she had stuff lol

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I don't get ultrasounds unless medically needed. But both my SIL with there first were told boys and to there surprise they had a girl.

EmmaBo
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I've heard of incorrect diagnoses too. (Sometimes if the tech cannot get a clear shot, they'll give their best guess, is how it was explained to me.)

However on our ultrasound, we saw what clearly looked like a tiny penis, so this is either a boy, or a little girl with a lot of explaining to do!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Oct. 29, 2013 at 5:47 PM

A patient of my midwife was told at every ultrasound- all 5 of them- that she was having a boy. At the birth? A bouncing baby... girl made her arrival. 

keeney09
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM
at my 20 week apt with my first I was told it was 99.99 % sure it was a girl well delivery day it was 100% all boy with my second they said 99.99% sure it was a boy and they were 100% correct and with my third im only 7 weeks so im hoping for a girl
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:33 PM

My 3 kids have been very easy to tell. My boy/girl twins, I could see the gender before the tech told me. 

One thing that is important for girls is to actually see the 3 lines of the girl parts, not just seeing no penis.

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:43 PM

It's never happened to me but I know 3 people it has. 2 friends were told through numerous u/s's they were having boys only to give birth to girls and another friend was told at her 20w scan she was having a girl and gave birth to a boy. 

mfk3
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:43 PM
With my first I saw it was a boy... there was no way to deny the little penis pic we got. But this baby is shy and kept its legs closed. We have been told its a boy twice but I'm still skeptical.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN