Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Please help preeclampsia???...

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I had a glucose test this morning n was fasting... The nurse told me to com back at 3 to see the doc he was out for emergency... So I can bak n saw him, he walked in he door and just looked at me and said you swollen... I want to do some blood work for preeclampsia.... N he was tell me about the mild and severe case.... So always said I have protein in my urine,I'm so scared I'm freaking out...he told me to come back Monday to check... I'm only 24weeks-5days... 

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious103102
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

At this stage they'll most likely put you on bedrest, give you medication to try and help things and maybe put you on a specific diet to help some of the things (extra water/less salt to help the swelling). Good luck!

Tvokiwi
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Thank you
NatyRod
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Sorry momma.. GL with all the tests.
momof2boy2girl
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I've had it three times now. Bed rest, increase fluids, lower sodium intake, labetalol. So far, I have been fine with this baby. 29 weeks today. Good luck. Pm.if you need someone.
Tvokiwi
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Thank you ladies....

jojo_star
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I have pre-eclampsia, I was diagnoised at 22 weeks. I'm in the hospital and will stay here until the baby is born. I was able to stay at home for almost 4 weeks after I was diagnoised, but I went into pre-term labor and my pre-e became to severe to manage at home. I'm 26 weeks now and doing ok-ish. For most people, pre-e at this stage in pregnancy can be managed at home with diet changes, rest, lots of fluids and sodium restrictions. Good luck!

Twin2Walker
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM

They'll do bed rest first. Good luck and hope for the best!

MMerrill
by Melissa on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I delivered my son at 28 weeks due to severe preeclampsia/hellp syndrome.  He was 1lb 14oz.  If you have any questions feel free to ask.  They will probably give you steroids to develop the baby's lungs, if it gets bad enought they will admit you and put you on magnesium and IV blood pressure medication to try and control things for as long as possible.  There are a lot of "ands and ifs" though.  At 24 weeks though, I would honestly say to just prepare yourself because that is early onset and it can progress rapidly.  Keep us updated!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I ditto what the other ladies said but I'd also like to add you should ask your doctor about the Brewer Diet. It was created by a doctor for women to help prevent pre-eclampsia. I had signs of pre-e so I was induced but I was 40 weeks at the time.

Tvokiwi
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello ladies so doc said there is still protein in my urine and ordered a 24 urine test to check levels n more blood work so again I'm waiting... I wan to hank you ladies so much for the comments back and your stories ill update again soon 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN