Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How do you incorporate three names into one?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 13 Replies
I want to honor both MILs and my mother by incorporating their names into a middle name for my daughter. Short of having three middle names, what can I do? Their names are Shari, Susan, and Ruth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauren.m
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
What if you took a couple letters from each name to make a new name?
Example
Sarah or trisha
Other than that I have no idea.
wolfybaby
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

that sounds like too much. im sorry, but those names dont really flow together and having three middle names is dramatic. i honestly dont mean to rain on your parade, i would just never consider doing that. my brothers middle name is "mark-anthony" because tradition on my fathers side dictates that a son born takes his fathers name in his middle name. my parents felt like "mark" was too short of a middle name and added the "anthony" on their own will. they sound good together and his whole name flows. but "douglas-victor-steve" [for example, taking my fathers father, step-father, and father-in-laws names] is asking for too much for just the middle name! 

in the end, your mother and in-laws will be satisfied fully just by spending time with their granddaughter. 

for the record, i gave my daughter my mothers middle name. her other grandmother was not offended that i only picked one. i just liked how it sounded much better. 

amy_dawn
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Can you use their middle names? We honored three of our grandmothers with my youngest's daughters name KaraLee by using and their middle name, Lee. Both of my grandmothers and one if my husband's grandmothers each had that middle name. We want to use Mae in a name to honor his other grandmother, but we haven't found a way to incorporate it yet. We used Aubrianne and Aryana as my two older daughters, middle names, partially because of 'Ann', which is a family name. My son is the 4th generation first-born son with his middle name.

Are you planning on having more kids? Can you plan to spread the family names amongst other siblings?
CelestialSong
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Shasuth? Risanth? Might be cool if you're an Anne McCaffrey fan :P Or maybe use the 3 first letters somehow? Ryssa? Sarisa? idk... might just be too much for one name.

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I dunno, I have 3 names and it's been a burden all my life
Devious103102
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Short of making some funky combination name I really don't know. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I'm sorry.  I have no idea.  Maybe see if their middle names are more similar?  Or, you could think of a word which describes them all and use that as the middle name.

Larsbug
by Laura on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Suri

Larsbug
by Laura on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:49 PM

what are their middle names?

alyssia123
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM
What is your daughters first name going to be, and what are the midddle names of Shari, Susan, and Ruth?

Quoting ATG499:

I want to honor both MILs and my mother by incorporating their names into a middle name for my daughter. Short of having three middle names, what can I do? Their names are Shari, Susan, and Ruth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN