Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Should I be calling my doc???

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:27 AM
  • 11 Replies

I'm 38 + 2 as of today and last night, very late last night, I noticed that I was having contractions but they weren't painful.
I woke up just a little bit ago and my stomach doesn't feel right....it doesn't really hurt, but it doesn't feel right and I have a contraction once in a while....nothing timeable.

My thing is, is that I am 1.5 hours from the hospital and SO works an hour away from our house, so if something is going on, to where I find out that I'm in labor, after he's at work, it's an hour for him to get home to pick me up and then another 1.5 hours to the hospital.

I don't know if SO should just stay home from work and me call my doctor, or if I should sit and wait.
Opinions?

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:30 AM
It never hurts to call. I think you're probably gearing up but labor could be weeks away. I had that with my last. Even had my partner and sitter stay home from work so I could labor but ot stopped and he came a few daya before his dd.
Lashawn77
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:12 AM
I would call your doctor just to see what they say
lauren.m
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:39 AM
With my second I had some contractions over night and woke up in the morning feeling a bit off with my belly a little tight. I decided to go get checked and it turned out I was in labor lol. Do what you feel is best. Every woman and labor is different.
LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:20 AM

For some reason, I felt like I had to throw up and when I went to the bathroom, sure enough, I got sick and that icky feeling went away but my stomach still feels a little weird.

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I would call.
LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:47 AM

This is another part that sucks....the idea that if you call and you're told to go in to L&D, and it turns out to be gas or something, then you just wasted all these nurses, time.

Quoting iamnameless:

I would call.

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM
are there other hospitals closer if you can't get to yours? You should have a back up plan. Who can take you if you can't wait for hubby?

Quoting LuvMyBoys09:

This is another part that sucks....the idea that if you call and you're told to go in to L&D, and it turns out to be gas or something, then you just wasted all these nurses, time.

Quoting iamnameless:

I would call.

LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Yeah, there's 1 closer hospital and if SO can't make it on time, his family is about 15 minutes away and are ready to drive me....they've all volunteered their services.
AND, both SO and his brother, who also lives 15 minutes away, are trained in how to deliver babies since they're both first responders....I feel pretty confident.

Quoting iamnameless:

are there other hospitals closer if you can't get to yours? You should have a back up plan. Who can take you if you can't wait for hubby?

Quoting LuvMyBoys09:

Quoting iamnameless:

I would call.

Devious103102
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Never hurts to call in and ask, that's what they're there for. Can you drive yourself to the hospital and get checked out, that way if it is anything your DH can meet you there and if not y'all aren't out that time/gas? 

LNLMommy
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM

don't second guess yourself..nothing wrong with a phonecall

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN