Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

will your toddler be in labor and delivery/

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 34 Replies
I think we may bring my 3 year old son along. It's probably our only option. Anybody done this or doing this?
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
risa_xc
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I never gave thought about that until just now reading your post lol. Im not sure what we will do. Since I probably won't have anyone to watch my son..he will probably be there.
SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Yes. I've had precipitous labor so twice my children went into the delivery room because I delivered too fast for anyone to make it there to watch them. They did perfectly fine. The last 4 times I've delivered either during the night or really early morning though and I'd not wake them.

My mom lost her job (she's getting much older) and lives here now so I do have other options now.  Which is convenient. I can't imaging getting my kids up at 2 or four a.m. such as my last deliveries have gone

Mama to six beautiful girls- Piper(12), Paris(10), Prue(8), Priya(5)&Kahlan(3), Arie (1 month old!) and two angel babies that were too precious for earth, Angel('09) and Evenstar('12)

A Simply Enchanted Life

NikkiPitt0805
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Nope, I am blessed enough that DH and I both have family in town and have already made plans that DS will stay with either my mom or my grandma b/c he is in school and we want to keep in as much of his routine as possible.  That and he is so tender hearted if he even thought for a second they were hurting me he would be a mess, so it is really better that he not be there until after the baby is born.

smac28
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I have to have a c/s so no. But my inlaws will be with him in the waiting room.

SoInLove515
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
featured post! woohoo!
squeakers2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:43 PM
When my daughter was born, my DF's son, who was 3, at the time, was there. To take him to his mom, it would have been a 3 hour round trip and we didn't want to risk DF not being there when our daughter was born, even though my labor ended up being 23 hours. At the time, it was not an option for his mom to come and get him. He was asleep when I started pushing, but with the noise, he woke up. My mom was there and she tried to keep him laying down. He pushed past her right as she crowned and told my mom "Alexis is here. Britt will be ok." He was 6 when my now 1 yr old was born and explained to his then 3 yr old sister that my butt was gonna fall off, but the drs would glue it back on. I had wanted both of them to be there when mmy son was born but I had him at a different hospital and they did not allow children under 12.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Our third we had at home. At the time my girls were 3 and 6 years old. They were sitting right beside the midwife watching. We prepared them for what they could see and/or hear and they had the choice to be there or not. If we have any future baby's. They again will be in control of if they want to be there or not.

tabby21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM

im hoping to bring peanut...i want to see both my babies after c section!! but im hoping to have somebody watch him so hubby can be with me!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

SoInLove515
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM
it wasn't stressful for you having him there? My only concern is, it will just be me, hubby and our son. So hubby will have to tend to him. I really would like to have him in there though. I'm glad to hear it worked out for you.

Quoting squeakers2:

When my daughter was born, my DF's son, who was 3, at the time, was there. To take him to his mom, it would have been a 3 hour round trip and we didn't want to risk DF not being there when our daughter was born, even though my labor ended up being 23 hours. At the time, it was not an option for his mom to come and get him. He was asleep when I started pushing, but with the noise, he woke up. My mom was there and she tried to keep him laying down. He pushed past her right as she crowned and told my mom "Alexis is here. Britt will be ok." He was 6 when my now 1 yr old was born and explained to his then 3 yr old sister that my butt was gonna fall off, but the drs would glue it back on. I had wanted both of them to be there when mmy son was born but I had him at a different hospital and they did not allow children under 12.

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:28 PM

No, I didn't have my son with me at my dd's delivery and don't plan to have either of them at this one.  They will be happily at home/school/wherever with family tending to them.  Our brand new hospital is 5 mins away so they can come just as soon as baby is here and we are all cleaned up and ready for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN