Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How early in your pregnancy did you have your first OB appointment?

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:10 PM
  • 40 Replies
I'm between 14 and 16 weeks and I have my first appointment on Friday. This is my 4th child and I do not like to go to the doctor until I hit at least 12 weeks. How early did/would you go to the doctor?
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RhondaVeggie
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Six weeks, I always needed dating ultrasounds.
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:18 PM
7weeks. I am 13 weeks and have had 3 appointments.
cailliermommy
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't plan on going until about 20wks. I'm almost 11wks right now. This is also my fourth baby.
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I had my first actual OB appointment at 11 weeks. Before that I had a dating ultrasound at 6w5d.

CafeMom Tickers
lauren.m
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I had to start blood work right away and had my first u/s and appt at 5weeks. Normally I wouldn't go in til much later on.
Jewl-e
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Is there a reason why you wait until 20 weeks?

I like waiting until at least 12 weeks for 2 reasons: 1 is that it makes the pregnancy go by more quickly (it seems) and 2 is because if something is gonna happen then I don't get attached to it.

Quoting cailliermommy:

I don't plan on going until about 20wks. I'm almost 11wks right now. This is also my fourth baby.

Jewl-e
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM
When I made my appointment today the lady on the phone sounded shocked when I told her I was about 14-16 weeks. A few of my friends thought I was crazy for waiting so long but it's just how I do it...
babyfish0511
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

This pregnancy during my 4th week. I was considered high risk due to multiple miscarriages and had to go in for ultrasounds and blood work until everything checked out normal at 7.5 weeks. I am 28 weeks today and so far everything is going great!

risa_xc
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM
This pregnancy I saw her at 5 or 6 weeks because I was unsure of my dates and if I was even pregnant. I had an ultrasound to confirm a little after 6 weeks and tons of blood work.
jae414
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:34 PM
My first OB appointment was with the health department at 6 weeks. Then I saw my actual OB doctor at 9 weeks, after I had an ER visit, thinking I was having a mc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN