Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Braxton Hicks..?

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:07 AM
  • 2 Replies
Is it fairly normal to have B.H practice contractions as early as 24 weeks? I've been having them for about 2 weeks. It's not constant, but I get them during my active part of the day. They can get quite uncomfortable to where i need to sit... Should I be concerned or normal?
This is my third pregnancy, with my first I went into labor at 26 weeks, but that was special circumstances, never had b.h leading up to the where my water broke. My second I was induced at 40 weeks..

I will mention this at my next appt, but curious.
CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:55 AM
It's normal. I've had them since 12 weeks and I've heard some women get them at 6 weeks. Mine were uncomfortable when I first started getting them, but now I just get that tightness and breathless feeling. As long as they aren't painful and there's no bleeding then it usually means it's okay.
rebekahmuse
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:22 AM

It's normal. I had BH contractions with my second starting around 20- 22 weeks I think? It was crazy early and continued throughout my pregnancy. To the point that I didn't realize I was actually in labor because I thought they were just BH contractions. I showed up at the hospital 7cm dialated and thought they were going to send me home :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)