Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for anyone who had a six week u/s

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 20 Replies
So I had a little brownish/pinkish discharge last night then after like 2 minutes it was gone. So anyways I had my ultrasound this morning and I saw the baby but the tech said the heartbeat was low 102-103 and the u/s was saying I was only exactly 6 weeks. Does that seem low the heartbeat? I thought I would stop worrying once I saw the baby but all of my first test example blood and now the ultrasound I keep getting told that my results are low. Trying not to freak out though.
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM

brownish pink is old and nothing to worry about... what did your doc say about the HB?

lost2013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:12 PM

She said it is low it can be normal, she did ask if I want to test for Down syndrome cause with my DD we did not do that but I am thinking about doing it with this baby.  I would do that test around 10-12 weeks then get an ultrasound then to see if the heart rate has gone up.  I am trying not to freak out.

Quoting Larsbug:

brownish pink is old and nothing to worry about... what did your doc say about the HB?

lost2013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Bump

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I had one at 6w5d and the tech told me going in that they expected the heartbeat to be anything over 100 at that stage. :)

lost2013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:36 PM

So the heartbeat might be ok then?

Quoting JessiFaye:

I had one at 6w5d and the tech told me going in that they expected the heartbeat to be anything over 100 at that stage. :)

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:37 PM

If you're measuring at 6 weeks on the dot, then that sounds like a normal occurance to me, just because of what they expected to see from mine.

Quoting lost2013:

So the heartbeat might be ok then?

Quoting JessiFaye:

farmlovin
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I had one at 5 weeks 6 days. Heart beat was 103. I'm 16 weeks 4 days now :) baby was fine. I worried too, but like I said - everything was fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lost2013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I am six weeks and 1 day my OB said, she said the u/s can be off by at least a week.
Quoting farmlovin:

I had one at 5 weeks 6 days. Heart beat was 103. I'm 16 weeks 4 days now :) baby was fine. I worried too, but like I said - everything was fine.

risa_xc
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:02 PM
I had mine at 6 weeks 4 days and they said they didnt even expect a heartbeat that early. I dont remember exactly what it was I remember it being around 116.
katallison
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I wouldn't worry about it mama. I think they didn't even find my baby that early. I went to a clinic that couldn't find mt baby, so I made a doctors appointment and at 8 weeks they found baby, saw the heartbeat, but I didn't get to hear it then.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured