Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who has heard of woman going in to deliver and gets amputated limbs?

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:57 PM
  • 7 Replies

edit;; after taking a second look, i realize this was a freak incident that was not completely reported with all the information. it is true, according to my own doctor that you have to sign something before any surgery takes place.

I Am still trying to wrap my head around this, Ive read two different stories, one from one source, one from another, namely fox news, well you can rarely believe anything coming from fox news. but this woman went in to get a c-section and apparently came down with streptacoccous ; cellulitus, flesh eating bacteria. She had amputated limbs waking up. according to fox news she was told in the ambulance that they had to amputate to save her life, then why is she suing them saying that she got it from the hospital? cellulitus is treatable with antibiotics, since she sees obgyn, why didnt they catch this before? Dont you have to sign paperwork before any kind of surgery? I am bringing my boyfriend, he is not going to leave my side when i deliver, or i go to another hospital. That is the way I am doing it. I am just so sick of hearing stupid doctors amputating the wrong, limbs, patient, etc.

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SoInLove515
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I'm lost..but any infection can spread if you let it get bad.
skitskidaddle
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:23 PM

of course, im not very sure exactly what happened, you can never trust fox or any other news reporter.

Larsbug
by Laura on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM

weird....

MrsM30
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM

As someone whose personal & other family members' life has been saved more than once by doctors, I take offence to this ever-more-pervasive attitude of "stupid doctors" being out for your limbs and just itching to cut in to you via c-section. If you let yourself be flustered and shaken by every extreme tragic sensationalized case scenario, you'll spend your life living on pins and needles. And without reference or link to the story, this is an incredibly pointless post, focused on triggering irrational fear in a group of expecting mothers who, like me, I suspect are on high alert already. Thanks for that!

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM

If it was truly "flesh eating bacteria" (otherwise known as nectorizing faciitis) its spreads VERY quickly and is VERY dangerous. I actually know a women (well, I know someone that knows her) that had an emergency c-section and got necrotizing faciitis and died from it. It happens. It's a horrible bacteria. However, that is NOT normal! Stories like this a just freak accidents and only bring attention to people because they're so rare and strange. 

aliciaj27
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Absolutely agree with this.  I have known 2 people that have gotten this.  It basically eats away at you! It's a very rapid disease.  You can get a cut....and get this.  It's rare but can be obtained fairly easily if the bacteria is present.  As far as I am aware, this is something usually acquired in the hospital, such as MRSA, but I would have to do some more reading on it to be sure.  It's definitely a scary bacteria!!

Quoting LeapBaby123:

If it was truly "flesh eating bacteria" (otherwise known as nectorizing faciitis) its spreads VERY quickly and is VERY dangerous. I actually know a women (well, I know someone that knows her) that had an emergency c-section and got necrotizing faciitis and died from it. It happens. It's a horrible bacteria. However, that is NOT normal! Stories like this a just freak accidents and only bring attention to people because they're so rare and strange. 

skitskidaddle
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 2:04 PM

i took another look at this and realized somewhere that the truth got somewhere lost in the news reporters bents. and yeah, i took it personally because of an incident i had with doctors once and the whole 'terry schiavo' case which happened in Florida. it was certainly written with missing information, but who knows?

Quoting MrsM30:

As someone whose personal & other family members' life has been saved more than once by doctors, I take offence to this ever-more-pervasive attitude of "stupid doctors" being out for your limbs and just itching to cut in to you via c-section. If you let yourself be flustered and shaken by every extreme tragic sensationalized case scenario, you'll spend your life living on pins and needles. And without reference or link to the story, this is an incredibly pointless post, focused on triggering irrational fear in a group of expecting mothers who, like me, I suspect are on high alert already. Thanks for that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured