Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Festival, Trick-or-Treating, and the coolest "treat" ever! (Picture heavy)

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:46 AM
  • 5 Replies

My daughter talked me into dressing up this year (something I RARELY do), so I was her Momma cat, and she was my sweet kitten.

We began the night by going to the Fall Festival sponsored by the church that runs the Good News Club at her school.  They had a ton of games and activities for the children.  Karina won about 60% of the games she played, resulting in extra candy, cupcakes from the cake walk, and trophy for reciting a previous week's bible verse.

After that, we dropped the cupcakes off at our apartment and headed to the neighborhood next door.  Karina was thrilled that the first house was that of one of her friends from school, and I think they stood int he door just talking for ten minutes, lol.  There weren't a lot of children out (it was about 7pm when we got started), so she was getting handfuls of candy instead of just a piece or two.  She loved the decorations, and even told one man he wasn't the least bit scary...right after he made another trick-or-treater scream. :P

(The Strobe light distorted the picture.)

We walked through for about an hour before (unfortunately) my hip started bothering me and we had to wrap it up.  Well she talked me into two more houses, and it was the last one where she receivedwhat is possibly the coolest thing to ever come home with me/us on Halloween night.  Mind you, it requires safety goggles, fine sandpaper, wood glue, and a hammer to put it together.  Karina is excited to put it together with the help of my boyfriend when he gets home next week.

We both had an absolute blast.  This was a much better halloween that any we've had back home.

Just one last picture:  Her posing in the middle of trick-or-treating:

So...how was everyone else's night?  Any neat/interesting treats in your children's bags?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Larsbug
by Laura on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

very cute!

Heather2001
by Heather on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Cute pics!  We basically got rained out after a block of trick-or-treating.  =(

LeeBug32
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a great night!

Red_Tempest
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM

That stinks. :(  We thought we were goign to be rained out of everythign but the festival, but luckily the rain stpped about an hour or so before we headed out.

Quoting Heather2001:

Cute pics!  We basically got rained out after a block of trick-or-treating.  =(

CafeMom Tickers

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Great pics!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured