Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Scared

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:52 AM
  • 7 Replies
I know it's silly if me but I'm terrified of my appointment on Wednesday. I can't even sleep without thinking about it. This is my second child and second pregnancy. At about 16 weeks I could feel the baby moving around when I laid down to sleep if I laid down and put pressure on my stomach. I'm 18 weeks now and haven't felt the baby move in about 2 weeks even laying down the same way. My family doesn't have a history of miscarriage and I've had two appointments one at 10 weeks and one at 12.5 weeks both with strong heartbeats and no concerns. I don't feel pregnant most of the time. At night I feel like I can't breathe deep enough. I'm always yawning trying to get more air. I still pee constantly and I'm tired all the time again. I'm overweight but no health risks. I walk at the gym everyday. I don't drink or smoke. I'm only 27. I was told three years ago that I wouldn't get pregnant without medical help. This was a complete surprise baby. I just don't want to be blissfully unaware and get my hopes up.
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
itsaboy1990
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:01 AM
1 mom liked this

awww! I think you will be fine I am the same way and this is my first pregnancy.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure things are fine! I felt my first two at 14 weeks regularly. I didn't feel my third baby until 17 weeks and I didn't feel her regularly until 22 Weeks!
MyahsMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I felt my baby flutter at 16 weeks at least once a day and then it went through a quiet period for 1-2 weeks. I was very worried as well. I'm now 21 weeks and feel baby all the time! When they are that small they can flip around and face many different areas where you wouldn't feel movement. Don't you worry!
Heather2001
by Heather on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

It'll be okay - you won't really feel consistent movements for a few weeks still.  I went long periods between flutters when I was that early.

mckelish
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Thanks everyone! I know logically I'm being silly but emotionally I can't help it! Lol thanks for your votes of confidence it does help!
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM
That's very normal. My kids usually moved a bit early, just to make sure I knew they were there;-), then wouldn't move again for weeks. For example my third I felt one thump at 12 weeks then nothing again until 16 weeks. Usually by 24-25 weeks its constant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NatyRod
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:21 AM
It sounds normal... Most of us have gone through that in the beggining. Here's to a great appt soon. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)