Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

curious how many c sections can a women have ???

Posted by   + Show Post

I just really want to know i heard that you can only have 3 but then i read online a women who had 9. i just want to know because i dont really want to stop at three and get fixed i want at the most 4 children already have 2 and prego with my third.

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
valrubio
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I am about to have my 8th and I know a woman who had 15.
rebekahmuse
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM

My grandmother had 5 and that was back in the 50s/ 60s and she didn't have any complications from them.

RhondaVeggie
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Most doctors are in the 3-5 range. One is usually simple but after that you are dealing with scar tissue and adhesions and all sorts of fun stuff and the risks get higher.
widesmilesmommy
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM

i have had 3 and plan on having a 4th

2girlsandadream
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
no dr can force you to get fixed. if you want 4, ultimately that is your decision.
kLynch315
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think there is a set #, it just goes on the woman's body. My sister in law could only have 4 cs because the lining started to thin and she would have had a hard time carrying another. It couldhave led to reproductive health problems so she chose to be done having children. 

mikkosmommy
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:23 AM
With each one your risks increase. I have a friend about to have her 5th... But some women wind up with hysterectomies and other issues which prevent them from having more children. I think it depends on the woman's body, medical history, and the doctor.
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Honestly it's up to your doctor and how well your body has healed up through each c-sec.  I've seen docs that will do up to 4 and I've heard of docs don't suggest more than 2. 

Larsbug
by Laura on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I think it depends on what your doctor is comfortable with...my doc is leary after 4 but she'll do them.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Every c-section you have adds more risk. There is no telling how many you can have. It depends on how much scar tissue and other risk factors you have. I myself probably wouldn't be comfortable with more than 3. Is a VBa2C possible for you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)