Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

curious how many c sections can a women have ???

Posted by   + Show Post

I just really want to know i heard that you can only have 3 but then i read online a women who had 9. i just want to know because i dont really want to stop at three and get fixed i want at the most 4 children already have 2 and prego with my third.

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
mikkosmommy
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I forgot to mention that my friend having her 5th can't go past 38 weeks (which can be dangerous for her babies) because of multiple scars, placement of one particular scar, and scar tissue. Once she gets past 34 they start monitoring her very closely and all of this is due to multiple scars. Generally they have to deliver her babies around 37 weeks and all of them have spent time in the nicu.

Quoting mikkosmommy:

With each one your risks increase. I have a friend about to have her 5th... But some women wind up with hysterectomies and other issues which prevent them from having more children. I think it depends on the woman's body, medical history, and the doctor.

kajira
by Emma on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I Think it entirely depends on the woman's body... I personally would try for a vbac instead of getting a c-section repeated.

ColleenF30
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I had 5. My 5th I began losing blood and had a hysterectomy (and a good amount of blood). It varies person to person.

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:07 PM
I think ot depends on the woman and the doc willing to do it.
mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I just had my 3rd on Friday with twins and while everything went smoothly and perfect, I do not want to take my
Chances with another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:09 PM

True, but an ob can refuse to deliver her. I would make sure I have an ob willing to do my c-section before getting preggo if thats an option.
Quoting 2girlsandadream:

no dr can force you to get fixed. if you want 4, ultimately that is your decision.

Chaos1229
by Tasha on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM
That depends on the woman's body how much scar tissue she has etc.
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I know of someone who has had six.

yperez0209
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I personally know a woman who had five and she did fine. She had one complication but that was due to anesthesia.
MommyRJ
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:06 PM
I've had 3.
Both my aunts have had 4. I have a friend who's had 5.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)