Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

curious how many c sections can a women have ???

Posted by   + Show Post

I just really want to know i heard that you can only have 3 but then i read online a women who had 9. i just want to know because i dont really want to stop at three and get fixed i want at the most 4 children already have 2 and prego with my third.

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:49 AM
Replies (31-40):
sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM
I will be having my 7th c section in June 2014. Depends on your previous c sections and health. Mine all went great.
sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I will be having my 7th c section I have mine at 39 weeks and they don't monitor me. But you are right it depends on the body and past c sections and how healthy you are.

Quoting mikkosmommy:

I forgot to mention that my friend having her 5th can't go past 38 weeks (which can be dangerous for her babies) because of multiple scars, placement of one particular scar, and scar tissue. Once she gets past 34 they start monitoring her very closely and all of this is due to multiple scars. Generally they have to deliver her babies around 37 weeks and all of them have spent time in the nicu.

Quoting mikkosmommy:

With each one your risks increase. I have a friend about to have her 5th... But some women wind up with hysterectomies and other issues which prevent them from having more children. I think it depends on the woman's body, medical history, and the doctor.

Twin2Walker
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I'm in agreement with the other posters. It depends on your doctor, but I wouldn't imagine a lot. It's still surgery and the more you have the higher risk you are.

Guruliza
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Uncomplicated VBAC's are safer, so find out how to have a healthy birth at Birth Class At Home Below are

Risks of a Cesarean from VBACfacts.com:

Potential Harms to the Mother

Compared with vaginal birth, women who have a cesarean are more likely to experience:

• Accidental surgical cuts to internal organs.

• Major infection.43,48

• Emergency hysterectomy (because of uncontrollable bleeding).

• Complications from anesthesia.28

• Deep venous clots that can travel to the lungs (pulmonary embolism) and brain (stroke

• Admission to intensive care.

• Readmission to the hospital for complications related to the surgery.

• Pain that may last six months or longer after the delivery.19 More women report problems with pain from the cesarean incision than report pain in the genital area after vaginal birth.

• Adhesions, thick internal scar tissue that may cause future chronic pain, in rare cases a twisted bowel, and can complicate future abdominal or pelvic surgeries.

• Endometriosis (cells from the uterine lining that grow outside of the womb) causing pain, bleeding, or both severe enough to require major surgery to remove the abnormal cells.

• Appendicitis, stroke, or gallstones in the ensuing year.18,46,47,50 Gall bladder problems and stroke may be because high-weight women and women with high blood pressure are more likely to have cesareans.

• Negative psychological consequences with unplanned cesarean. These include:

o Poor birth experience, overall impaired mental health, and/or self-esteem.

o Feelings of being overwhelmed, frightened, or helpless during the birth.

o A sense of loss, grief, personal failure , acute trauma symptoms, posttraumatic stress, and clinical depression.

• Death.

Potential Harms to the Baby

Compared with vaginal birth, babies born by cesarean section are more likely to experience:

• Accidental surgical cuts, sometimes severe enough to require suturing.

• Being born late-preterm (34 to 36 weeks of pregnancy) as a result of scheduled surgery.

• Complications from prematurity, including difficulties with respiration, digestion, liver function, jaundice, dehydration, infection, feeding, and regulating blood sugar levels and body temperature.25,26 Late-preterm babies also have more immature brains,63 and they are more likely to have learning and behavior problems at school age.

• Respiratory complications, sometimes severe enough to require admission to a special care nursery, even in infants born at early term (37 to 39 weeks of pregnancy).28 Scheduling surgery after 39 completed weeks minimizes, but does not eliminate, the risk.

• Readmission to the hospital

• Childhood development of asthma,3,78 sensitivity to allergens, or Type 1 diabetes.

• Death in the first 28 days after birth

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM
I'm having my forth and final in January. During my third my doctor said I could have another baby no problem because I had very little scarring but that wasn't the plan lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicaldoula
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:48 PM

You can VBAC after 2 prior Cesareans, then have as many babies as you want. The problem with multiple Cesareans is the increased risk for crazy abnormalities with the placenta, including placenta previa, but the most alarming one is placental accreata, where the placenta grows through the scar from the Cesareans and surrounds your internal organs. Big risk for hemmorhage and death with that one. Because of all the repeat Cesareans these days, the incidence of Placenta Accreata has skyrocketed.

vidales.kim
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:06 PM

i have had 2 and in may it will be three, the dr hasnt said anything about it

minutolimama311
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:25 AM

My first was born via csection and my second, due 12-18, will probably end up being born via csection as well. I hope to have 1-3 more kids so hopefully i'll be able to have that many if they all have to be born that way.

AspensMama1537
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:48 PM
The world record is 13. Wow, that sounds like a lot!
skyie
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Im having my 4th c section in 4 weeks if that helps
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN