Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sad possible miscarriage? :(

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM
  • 6 Replies

Well i went today for an ultrasound because i've had very light spotting... according to my last LMP on 9/25 i should be at 5 weeks 6 days.... Well i went in for an ultrasound today and the baby only measured 5 weeks 1 day! :( They said everything looks fine to early to see a heart beat but they wanted to check my hcg levels.  The doctor said maybe my days are off.  However, i went to the emergency room last thursday 10/31 and they said the baby measured 5 weeks and 2 days! Could the hospital measure differently than my dr's? Or could i be losing my baby? :( i'm devstated this is our first child and i want it so bad!

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RhondaVeggie
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't give up hope just yet. Measurements aren't exact and it's very early days. I take it you're going back in a few days to check hcg levels again?
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM

5 weeks is super early to be able to see or measure anything. I think you just need to give it time. Checking HCG levels will tell you a lot more at this point and doesn't carry the risk that too many early ultrasounds does.

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I wouldn't get discouraged yet. Totally possible you o'd late and your a few days off. They should do a 2nd blood draw to see how your levels are rising.
Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Give it time. At this stage different u/s machines and even different people can measure differently. Schedule a follow up u/s for a week and hopefully everything will be well. 

lost2013
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM

When I went for my ultrasound I was measuring at 6 weeks and 0 days when I should have been six weeks and 3 days, I went by the ultrasound due date as June 26th so I actually conceived on October 3rd which makes sense.  Anyways, you could have ovulated later and the is why you are measuring what you are, my OB told me that u/s can be up to a week off.  As long as you are not red bleeding or cramping so bad you are doubled over in pain you should be fine.  I have spotted twice already since I found out I was pregnant trust me I know it is a horrible feeling because I had a miscarriage in February so this pregnancy has been stressful to me because I am afraid to lose this baby too.  If you got your numbers checked what are they are they going up?

smom0
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I guess my concern is because 4 days ago the ER tech said  my baby measured at 5 weeks 2 days and today my doc measured and said only 5 weeks 1 day...so 4 days between and it went smaller?! I know dates can be off i'm more concerned about why the ultrasounds are so different... I have first pregnancy worry! But they did  lab work today the doc said it can go 50/50 at this point.  I get more blood work wednesday to.  Praying for healthy baby!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured