Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do u remember how u felt?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:29 AM
  • 36 Replies
... Do u remember how u felt the last few weeks leading to the birth of ur FIRST child?

It's such a rolled coaster of emotions for me. Despite my excitement to meet this little being, there are also periods of disconnect, sometimes Idk how to feel, sometimes it's just so surreal still. I have no doubt that when they put him on my chest there will be an instant connection, but right now is hard to imagine such bond and love that everyone talks about.

Do I make sense? Can anyone relate?
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:33 AM
I can :) I know exactly what you mean. And I think also, because I don't know the gender, it makes is harder to bond with the "it" inside me. Don't get me wrong, I love this baby to death already, but sometimes when I think about what life will be after he/she's born, I just can't imagine it.
NatyRod
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Ahh.. Thank God I'm not the only one. I don't wanna feel like I'm this aweful person. In the contrary, I feel profoundly greatful and blessed for having this little being be part of me, but I just don't know how to fully connect yet... Is so hard to explain. :/
Quoting LeapBaby123:

I can :) I know exactly what you mean. And I think also, because I don't know the gender, it makes is harder to bond with the "it" inside me. Don't get me wrong, I love this baby to death already, but sometimes when I think about what life will be after he/she's born, I just can't imagine it.

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
You're definitely not the only one :) I know the instant they put that baby on my chest, my world will change. Yours will too :)

Quoting NatyRod:

Ahh.. Thank God I'm not the only one. I don't wanna feel like I'm this aweful person. In the contrary, I feel profoundly greatful and blessed for having this little being be part of me, but I just don't know how to fully connect yet... Is so hard to explain. :/

Quoting LeapBaby123:

MommieCotter42
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:52 AM
I think that is a natural feeling but let me say is amazing how the minute you see and they put your baby on you, you immediately fall in love. It is the most amazing feeling in the world how tour love for someone happens so quickly. When I was pregnant with my second I had that feeling more I just couldn't imagining loving someone else just as much as my first. People would tell me you just will and they were so right again I immediately feel in love and I love both my girls. Now I am pregnant with my 3rd and I can't wait to meet my little guy.
NatyRod
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:20 AM
Good to know... Thanks for sharing. :)
Quoting MommieCotter42:

I think that is a natural feeling but let me say is amazing how the minute you see and they put your baby on you, you immediately fall in love. It is the most amazing feeling in the world how tour love for someone happens so quickly. When I was pregnant with my second I had that feeling more I just couldn't imagining loving someone else just as much as my first. People would tell me you just will and they were so right again I immediately feel in love and I love both my girls. Now I am pregnant with my 3rd and I can't wait to meet my little guy.

amy_dawn
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:52 AM
I was relaxed and content for the most part. Of course I was still nervous about some things...how would I do as a mom? What would labor and birth really be like? How would I know for sure that I was in labor and not calling my midwife to my home just to have things stop? My parents were coming to stay with us for a little while (and we lived in a teeny apartment). My husband was leaving for a week for military training (our son was born just hours before he left!). But for the most part, I had already done a lot to center myself, to learn as much as I could, and to be convinced that everything would be okay. I had to be convinced of that because of the environment I was in--going to college full-time where most people around me thought I was too young (at 21) to be married, much less having a baby.

What you are feeling is perfectly normal. I've found that periods of each pregnancy (this will be baby #5 for me) I feel like things are a little surreal. For instance, having 5 kids....really? What's life going to be like with so many little ones to get ready to go places, etc.. And I think the first time you definitely feel it more, because you don't yet know what those feelings are going to be like.
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I was excited and anxious I was never nervous at all my entire pregnancy.
Heather2001
by Heather on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Yeah, there was a lot of confusion and mixed feelings.  But that's normal considering you're about to undergo the most life-changing experience of your life up to this point.  Nothing really compared to becoming a mother so it's hard to even imagine until you've done it.

NatyRod
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Congrats on ur big family.. Although I'm sure pretty challenging I'm sure it must be really rewarding. Thanks for sharing. :)
Quoting amy_dawn:

I was relaxed and content for the most part. Of course I was still nervous about some things...how would I do as a mom? What would labor and birth really be like? How would I know for sure that I was in labor and not calling my midwife to my home just to have things stop? My parents were coming to stay with us for a little while (and we lived in a teeny apartment). My husband was leaving for a week for military training (our son was born just hours before he left!). But for the most part, I had already done a lot to center myself, to learn as much as I could, and to be convinced that everything would be okay. I had to be convinced of that because of the environment I was in--going to college full-time where most people around me thought I was too young (at 21) to be married, much less having a baby.

What you are feeling is perfectly normal. I've found that periods of each pregnancy (this will be baby #5 for me) I feel like things are a little surreal. For instance, having 5 kids....really? What's life going to be like with so many little ones to get ready to go places, etc.. And I think the first time you definitely feel it more, because you don't yet know what those feelings are going to be like.

NatyRod
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:36 AM
That makes perfect sense! Thx Heather. :)
Quoting Heather2001:

Yeah, there was a lot of confusion and mixed feelings.  But that's normal considering you're about to undergo the most life-changing experience of your life up to this point.  Nothing really compared to becoming a mother so it's hard to even imagine until you've done it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)