Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

do you take prenatal vitamins?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:17 AM
  • 31 Replies
If so, what kind? Did you research them and find them yourself? Or were they doctor recommended? I bought the gummies and by the smell immediately knew I couldn't eat them. I didnt think it would be bad if I gave one to my son, he three it up! I felt so bad. The expiration was fine. I thought it was okay to give him one single gummy. If one did that to my garage disposal of a boy, I can only imagine how fouly sick I eouldve been.

edit: im not sure if people are getting the idea im feeding this to him on a regular but just make it clear, it was 1 single little gummy. Not a handful, not the bottle. One single gummy this one single time. our doctor said he is fine and its not going to hurt him. The boys have their own vitamins but my son wanted one of mine so I let him try one (single) gummy.
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angela.bouchard
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:44 AM

I just picked some up from the vitamin store near me called Super Supplements. I go there at least once a month anyway to pick up other things. I'm not able to eat much this pregnancy so I take them because I don't feel like I'm getting all the nutrients I need from my diet.

samsanders
by Samantha on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:15 AM
I just buy whatever brand has everything I need in it and the cheapest one they have. It's a pill though. And you need to eat a meal before taking them.
Newmumtobe44
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I take Jamieson prental there 20 $ dollers a bottle but there awesome and full of vitamins and they don't make me puke I'm 13 weeks and now have been tking them since 7 weeks and will use them y hole pregnancy
Newmumtobe44
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM
And I take mine right before I go to sleep I don't eat before taking it
Heather2001
by Heather on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Yes, I prefer the Rainbow Light Prenatal One vitamin.  I tried a few different kinds and that's the one that I liked the best and Rainbow Light is a pretty reputable brand.  Oh, and don't give adult vitamins to children - there are certain vitamins that can be toxic in high levels.  Also, you always have to make sure to eat with a multivitamin because the B vitamins (among others) in them will upset your stomach, no matter what brand they are.

CelestialSong
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I had to take gummies during the first trimester because pills made me too nauseous. I loved them, like getting candy every morning! But once the nausea passed I forced myself to go back to a better, more complete vitamin. I take Rainbow Light, which was recommended by a midwife this time, but kind of poo-poo'ed on by the OB I saw with my first when I took them then ("Oh look, it has leaves in it... okay then... I guess these are fine." The "leaves" from the red raspberry leaf).

Also, I would not give prenatals to your kid unless you know for sure that the levels of the vitamins in them are appropriate for his age.

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I have a perscription from my OB/midwife but i always forget to take them...i probably take 2 a week...bad me

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I have some gummy ones.  I bought the ones from Costco..I forget the brand.  I like them.

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:08 AM
NatureMade. I needed cheap(ish). I ran them by my OB to make sure they had everything.
msalice_21
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:33 AM
One single vitamin wont kill him. He threw up from the taste, not the 'toxicity'.

Quoting CelestialSong:

I had to take gummies during the first trimester because pills made me too nauseous. I loved them, like getting candy every morning! But once the nausea passed I forced myself to go back to a better, more complete vitamin. I take Rainbow Light, which was recommended by a midwife this time, but kind of poo-poo'ed on by the OB I saw with my first when I took them then ("Oh look, it has leaves in it... okay then... I guess these are fine." The "leaves" from the red raspberry leaf).

Also, I would not give prenatals to your kid unless you know for sure that the levels of the vitamins in them are appropriate for his age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)