Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Finding out you're pregnant!

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:33 AM
  • 18 Replies

Does anyone else have any stories about finding out you were pregnant or how you announced your pregnancy?

It's kind of funny how I found out. A friend of mine randomly told me I should take a test because she remembered I was ovulating two weeks before (I had completely forgot lol). So I took one just to humor her and it was positive. I found out before I missed my period.

Anyone else have a story? 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

ā€œSo, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.ā€ 

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM
When I was pregnant with my daughter, 2 of my sisters called to tell me they were pregnant the day I found out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I was shopping at target and decided to buy a test for the hell of it even though we had stopped "trying" that month. I took the test in the bathroom and threw it in my purse. When I got into my car I grabbed my keys out of my purse and saw 2 pink lines on the test... I just about fainted. Immediately texted my husband :)
risa_xc
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I never got a positive test I went to the dr and said I think I am pregnant and they took a blood test and it was positive.
Larsbug
by Laura on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I was on the pill and had no reason to think I was pregnant until I called my husband while I was at work and told him he needed to bring me sushi...I HATE sushi (except CA rolls). When I got home that night I tested and it was positive...so I called his work and when his best friend answered I blurted it out not thinking about it. So needless to say "uncle" knew before dad lol

beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM

With my first we had been ttc for a year and I'd pretty much lost hope at that point. I woke up and decided to use my last hpt. I told myself it would be negative so when I saw those two pink lines I about shit my pants lol I just said "oh my god" and ran to tell DH. I was so happy I was crying. With this baby, we had only been trying a couple of months so I figured I wasn't pregnant since it took so long the first time. I decided for the hell of it to take a hpt even though I was only 9dpo. To my surprise, it was positive. I just kept saying "seriously? oh my god" over and over again lol DH was pretty proud of himself for knocking me up so quickly that time ;)

Newmumtobe44
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I was a 2 weeks late for my period my gf kept telling me I was pregnant but I realy didn't think nething of since we were not ttc . I told my mom I was late i took a test and clear as day two pink lines ! I almost had a heart attack ! Told my bf when he got home guess what and he knew right away I was pregnant I cried for a good Half hour I was happy scared shocked
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:54 AM
On May 29th I was just cleaning the house and my cami kept riding up from moving around so much. My oldest son randomly came up to me and kissed my stomach and it triggered a thought of what if I was pregnant. We had been trying for two months without luck and it was the last possible month we could ttc before the timing would throw us off PCSing. It was cutting it close already so we had stopped trying. I decided to test and my eyes about popped out of my head when I saw a second line immediately pop up, because I had no symptoms and hadn't even missed my period yet lol. I really did not think it would be positive at all!
Lashawn77
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:59 AM
I was having severe back pains and went to the ER. I found out I was pregnant.
kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I thought I had a bladder infection and my best friend told me to take a test for the heck of it. ;)
esox
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:23 AM
We tried once and my SO kept asking me how the baby was growing in there. We went to a family wedding and he started telling everyone his spawn was inside of me. The next day I took a test and sure enough I was pregnant! I hadn't missed yet either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)