Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone bought g-pants, how long does a nb grow out of nb size?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am trying to decide just how much newborn diapers to get, how long do they stay newborn size, im looking at this expensive bundle for g-pants and a much cheaper starter kit, the bundle comes with 80 disposable inserts and six g-pants shells and 12 nb pants that are for the healing of the umbilical cord. I may just go to pampers for the whole newborn period and get on g-pants when she gets bigger. the smaller kit includes two shell outer pants and 40 inserts all for 40 bucks. leaving out the nb special diapers with the roll down for umbilical cord.

how many diapers did you buy for your last baby and how many did you have left over before they grew out of newborn sizes?

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cheetah90210
by Mrs.jones on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:21 PM
It depends on the baby's birth weight but I wouldn't buy more then two packs the hospital gives you about three packs you probably won't even need to buy two my baby was out of them in 3 weeks
skitskidaddle
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Quoting cheetah90210:

It depends on the baby's birth weight but I wouldn't buy more then two packs the hospital gives you about three packs you probably won't even need to buy two my baby was out of them in 3 weeks

what hospital gives out diapers? wow, I wish my hospital did that, when my son was born 19 years ago (I forgot about amount of diapers I used) they never gave me diapers, my parents gave me a shitload.
risa_xc
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:17 PM
The hospital gave us some too and we only used nb for like a week because my son was 8p 6o when he was born. But I use disposables so i dont know if there is a difference
cheetah90210
by Mrs.jones on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:30 PM
You had a child 19 years ago that explains it.
But all hospitals do.

Quoting skitskidaddle:

Quoting cheetah90210:

what hospital gives out diapers? wow, I wish my hospital did that, when my son was born 19 years ago (I forgot about amount of diapers I used) they never gave me diapers, my parents gave me a shitload.

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:34 PM

it depends.  my son was born at 8lbs5oz.  he left the hospital at 7lbs6oz but regained his weight quickly.  he was out of newborns relatively quickly.  my dd, however was born at 6lbs5oz and was discharged at 5lbs14oz so i had to go out and find her premie diapers (which, turns out, aren't much smaller than nb but less in a pack so more expensive per diaper -- lesson learned!).  i have no idea what a g-pant is though.

it's been 4+ years since i bought nb diapers so i couldn't tell you how many i had but i always used them all and then moved to the next size. 

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:36 PM

for our first baby, our hosptial HOOKED US UP!  we left there packed with wipes, diapers, formula samples and tons of little infant toiletries!!!  that was our post-delivery nurse who loaded us up.

2nd time around they gave us some but the nurse didn't go above beyond that time.

we are delivering at a new hossy this time so my fingers are crossed they'll be generous ;)

Quoting skitskidaddle:

Quoting cheetah90210:

carsonsmommytam
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:14 PM
My first son, 8p 8o fit them for 2 weeks. He was about 9lb at 2 weeks. My second son was 11lb. They never fit him. Haha.
Mrswalker2012
by Erica on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM
My girl was only 5.11 and I used disposable. She was in then for about 2 big boxes
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I'm not sure.

I used prefolds & covers when my last baby was a newborn.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured