Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

belly itchs!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:10 AM
  • 6 Replies
My belly has been itching non stop and nothing i do seens to help. My Dr. said to keeps lotiin on hand and caminline(pink itching stuff, not well on spelling). I have been doing that but it just gets wworse!! any ideas?
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Is it red? Do you have any bumps, or do you think it's just from skin stretching?
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM
You might try using something like hydrocortisone cream. I'm not completely sure if that's safe during pregnancy, but I did use it myself. Is it just your stomach that itches?
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Is it red, bumpy or appearing irritated? Try a different sort of lotion (cocoa butter) and if it doesn't help maybe talk to your doctor again.

beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Cocoa butter never helped me with the intense itching. Try the gold bond healing concentrated therapy lotion. It's worked well for me so far. You could also try coconut oil or an oatmeal bath.

KRhyMama2013
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

You can use this every so often but any type of cortisone thins the skin and you dont want to do this on a belly that is stretching.  I have Triamcinolone acetonide cream (0.5%) that I put on only when it is really bad but my stretch marks turned in to a rash (Polymorphic eruption of pregnancey) Even this cream will thin the skin and could cause more stretch marks, but I choose that over tearing my skin apart while I am asleep because it itches so bad.  I also use aveeno eczema therapy.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

You might try using something like hydrocortisone cream. I'm not completely sure if that's safe during pregnancy, but I did use it myself. Is it just your stomach that itches?

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Probably from skin stretching. Use a body.oil or cream - not lotion after the shower .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)