Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Ways to speed up labor! Or induce labor

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM
  • 19 Replies
I was researching ways to induce labor naturally from home or ways to help kick start the labor process. Any advice would be helpful please! I'm about to be 9months and having so many pains, please no bashing or judging thank u
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krusesbaby
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM

No judging lol! Everyone is DONE usually by about 36 weeks.

Sex, walk, sex, walk, bounce on a ball or a bouncy couch lol, clean the walls (the reaching high and squatting is helpfull) and keep walking!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Don't over do it, you'll most likely end up disappointed and exhausted. Literally nothing will get that baby out unless the baby is ready amd unfortunately, babies don't give a flip about when mommy is done. Lol!

Trust me.. I went 6 days past due with my third baby. I tried everything but castor oil, which is dangerous.
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM
If you're not even 9 months yet, its safest for the baby to stay in until at least 37-38 weeks as the lungs are the last to finish developing. You don't want a baby that has to stay in the nicu because of breathing issues.
Ilovemybbgrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I'm 37 weeks tues with my fifth baby and I'm pretty done as well. Here's a bump!
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM
At my 36w u/s the doc told me to start having sex so we did. My dd was born at 36w5d ;-) they come when they come. Stuff won't work unless the baby is really ready. You're close, it'll be over soon. Enjoy the baby self-contained!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

You can do every natural thing out there. But if your body(baby) is not ready it will do nothing but frustrate you. Baby release a hormone that is is ready. 

Find ways to relax and pass the time. Sex - relaxing and the semen can help soften the cervix, walking - relaxing, helps with positioning and when labor helps dilation, birthing ball (figure 8's, back and forth, front and back, circle's and some like bounce lightly) this helps positions the baby. Helps the hips and opens you up. Another great one for when in labor too. Take some baths to relax, read a good book, practice relaxing techniques, watch a good movie, date nights, hanging out with friends, crafts if you are into it, get a manicure/pedicure, massage, acupuncture.

Heather2001
by Heather on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM

There's not much that will work unless you're on the brink of going into labor naturally anyway.  If you are, then you can walk, have sex, bounce on a pregnancy/exercise ball, use nipple stimulation, etc.  Good luck!

NataliaLinny
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM
OMG it sucks like I'm so frustrated!!!!
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:06 AM

The thing with trying to bring on or speed up labor if the body isn't ready is that it usually just wears you out instead of accomplishing actual labor. My advice would be to focus on doing things to make yourself more comfortable. Pregnancy massage, chiropractic care, warm baths, etc. 

NatyRod
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:11 AM
No advice here.. I'm 36wks tomorrow and I'm pretty over it also. Just stopping by to wish u a great labor experience whenever ur little one does decide to show. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)