Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help...advice???

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm 12w4d and everything is going great.  I just found out a month ago that I was pregnant, and I've been trying to stop smoking.  I smoked about a pack a day on average before, and now I'm down to about 1/2 pack a day...but I'm having a hard time quitting all together.  I'm just looking for advice, so please, no bashing...I'm beating myself up enough.  But it's time to stop, any suggestions?  Has anyone fought to stop and found something that worked?

Pregnancy Ticker
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Pagan_Mommy84
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM

BUMP!

Larsbug
by Laura on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM

honestly I just had to go cold turkey...that was the only way for me to do it

GUTTADABOSSLADI
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I smoked everyday alday my motivation to stop was because I want my baby to be healthy and smoking can cause a lot of problems I smoked till I was 8 months with my second and he was healthy but this go round I just had to start doing other things that would take my mind of those cigarettes good luck because it's not easy 

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I used to smoke.  No judgment here.  I quit cold turkey about 4 months before ttc #1.  I decided that I wanted kids and refused to get pg while doing that to my body and their home.  I decided that my baby was more important than my addiction and that was the motivation I needed to get me thru the hard first few weeks. 

I bought a calendar, hung it in the kitchen and after every successful non-smoking day, I placed a big black X over the day.  I'm a very visual person PLUS very competitive so I loved seeing those Xs add up each day in a row.  Each week I went smokeless, I took my weekly cigarette money and put it on a Jamba Juice gift card (the thing I loved at the time) as a reward for a job well done.  I did this for maybe 6-8 weeks but I would say after the first couple weeks, I was golden.  I marked that calendar for over 6 months for fun but once I was quit, I was quit.  I've been quit for nearly 8 years!!!!  I look back and don't even remember that life or that person ;)

Good luck!  Put a picture of your baby up and remember what's more important.  Take your cigarette money and put it in a savings account for them or something like that.  In 2 ways you will be investing in your child's future well-being!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured