Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I'm probably overreacting....

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:53 PM
  • 25 Replies
but my husband stopped at his best friends house after work tonight to ask him to be the godfather. well 3 hours later I texted him asking what his ETA was and he says he's at a bar in town... um when were you gonna tell me this?! I may be overreacting but my scumbag ex was drunk when I went into labor with our daughter and I don't want that happening again. ugh why must my hormones be through the roof right now?
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashtonsmommy21
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Its understandable to feel that way since it happened with your dd.  It was probably a spur of the moment thing where his friend was going out and he tagged along.  Hormones are crazy right now :(

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:01 PM
right but he never goes out and it would have been nice to at least get a text telling me he was going out... it also sucks that I wasn't included.

Quoting Ashtonsmommy21:

Its understandable to feel that way since it happened with your dd.  It was probably a spur of the moment thing where his friend was going out and he tagged along.  Hormones are crazy right now :(

samsanders
by Samantha on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Well three hours is quite a long time! I'd be upset too. If it were me if just ask him to keep open communication with me and just keep me updated on where he was. Just so I know he is safe even. And I've had to have that conversation with my hubby before. He loses track of time easily lol. I'm sorry that happened. But I don't think you're overreacting.
Ashtonsmommy21
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:32 PM

oh yeah thats not good.  anything could happen this far along and you should know where he is.  if my dh did that I would let him know he better give me a heads up or something so i'm not freaking out in case i go into labor, the last thing you want to worry about is tracking him down

Quoting marissabrookee:

right but he never goes out and it would have been nice to at least get a text telling me he was going out... it also sucks that I wasn't included.

Quoting Ashtonsmommy21:

Heather2001
by Heather on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:37 PM

That's kind of crummy that he couldn't give you a heads up.  =(  I'd be pretty ticked.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:08 AM
I'd be annoyed, for sure.
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:20 AM
I understand because my hubby and I had a huge issue with him not checking in many many years ago. That common courtesy is a huge deal to me. Bar or friends house, he did owe you a call or text.

If drinking this close to delivery is a big deal, make sure he knows this. Explain the bad memories, you could go at anytime and you need him 100% when it happens. I'm sure he'll understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corpswife523
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I'd feel the same way! Especially for not getting a heads up, at 36w pregnant I'd ask my Dh to have open communication with me at all times incase anything happened.

rwcw89
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I flipped out over df smoking again, he's gunna stop but I spent 3 days crying over it. Try to calmly explain it , easier said than done but do ur best, he prob needed a break
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I would be a little irritated too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)