Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do I look 24 weeks?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:46 PM
  • 48 Replies

Mobile Photo

Hi everyone,
Maybe it's just me but I feel huge for being 24 weeks.. Especially this being my first I didn't think id be showing this much already.
Do I look about right? Or smaller or larger than 24 weeks?
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
risa_xc
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Every one is different and it all depends on your body and the baby and all that.
But with that being said and since you asked yes you look a lot bigger I would have guessed 35 weeks or so. But please don't take that in the wromg way because I would kill to look like you right now.
Rh1annaa
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:17 PM
35 weeks!? Wow that's a difference lol. Thank you.. I'm hoping I'm not having a huge baby! Don't know how that will work out during delivery lol

Quoting risa_xc:

Every one is different and it all depends on your body and the baby and all that.

But with that being said and since you asked yes you look a lot bigger I would have guessed 35 weeks or so. But please don't take that in the wromg way because I would kill to look like you right now.
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Yes. To me you look farther along than 24 weeks. Did you have a 20 week(or whenever) anatomy scan done? What was baby measuring then?
I was small like you when I had my oldest and I had him vaginally. He was 9 lbs 11 oz!
ToniTennille
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I'm definitely not skinny like you but your bump looks bigger than 24 wks. The fact that you are so thin could make the baby bump look bigger. This is my 24 week bump.

Rh1annaa
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Yes I did. They don't usually start measuring where I am until around 26/27 weeks.. So I have no idea where I am on regarding my size. Oh my lord.. 9 pounds is a big baby haha!! I was a 6 pounder lol.. That sounds like a nice number aha!

Quoting Junebaby18:

Yes. To me you look farther along than 24 weeks. Did you have a 20 week(or whenever) anatomy scan done? What was baby measuring then?

I was small like you when I had my oldest and I had him vaginally. He was 9 lbs 11 oz!
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I think your belly is super cute :) Everyone is different and grows differently. My belly at 33 weeks isn't that big ;)

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Quoting Rh1annaa:

Yes I did. They don't usually start measuring where I am until around 26/27 weeks.. So I have no idea where I am on regarding my size. Oh my lord.. 9 pounds is a big baby haha!! I was a 6 pounder lol.. That sounds like a nice number aha!

Quoting Junebaby18:Yes. To me you look farther along than 24 weeks. Did you have a 20 week(or whenever) anatomy scan done? What was baby measuring then?

They didn't measure the baby's thigh bone? They usually do when they do anatomy scans.

Yep. I was sore for a while with that baby. I didn't have my own dr deliver as she was in England at her grandfathers funeral, so I had an on call dr who didn't know anything about me or the baby and just let him come out without having me stretch.

I'm really hoping that this next baby is a more "normal" sized baby.
Rh1annaa
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:43 PM
She did measure him on the scan, but I never got told anything..

That's not any good!! Sorry you had such a lousy experience :/ fingers crossed for a good sized baby!! :) when are you due?

Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting Rh1annaa:

Quoting Junebaby18:Yes. To me you look farther along than 24 weeks. Did you have a 20 week(or whenever) anatomy scan done? What was baby measuring then?

They didn't measure the baby's thigh bone? They usually do when they do anatomy scans.

Yep. I was sore for a while with that baby. I didn't have my own dr deliver as she was in England at her grandfathers funeral, so I had an on call dr who didn't know anything about me or the baby and just let him come out without having me stretch.

I'm really hoping that this next baby is a more "normal" sized baby.
Rh1annaa
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol you've made me blush with the word skinny!! ;)
Thanks for the picture to compare! :)

Quoting ToniTennille:

I'm definitely not skinny like you but your bump looks bigger than 24 wks. The fact that you are so thin could make the baby bump look bigger. This is my 24 week bump.

Rh1annaa
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Thank you! :)

Quoting LeapBaby123:

I think your belly is super cute :) Everyone is different and grows differently. My belly at 33 weeks isn't that big ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)