Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby's not in position

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:49 PM
  • 9 Replies
Hello ladies! I'm expecting my first child in dec however I have had a couple complications and doctor doesn't think I'll make it to then. Anyways I go in tomorrow for my 36 week ck an I feel like my little girl is totally sideways at 32 weeks she was breech. What are the chances she will be the way she needs to be I really want to have a natural birth :-/ getting a little nervous
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
esox
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like she is working her way around! Good Luck, babies can turn at any time right up to the very last second. 

Emerysmommy2013
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I certainly hope so :-) thanks for the encouraging words !!
Larsbug
by Laura on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:25 PM
2 moms liked this

she still has plenty of time to turn but check out spinningbabies.com

Emerysmommy2013
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for the website I am trying what it said now :)) maybe I'll get good news Tomorrow !
NatyRod
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Hi momma.. First of all congrats on ur little girl. I'm also due on December with my first child (boy)... And ironically enough I also have my 36wk appt tomorrow where they will do a weight u/s.. I'm very eager to find out how much my little man is weighing.
The best of luck to u tomorrow... He's to an upside down baby. :)

P.S1: u can join us at the December 2013 Babies group if u haven't done so already.
P.S2: when replying to a response, make sure u choose the "quote" option on the reply box so that the person is notified of ur reply. ;)
amy_dawn
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this
This is off the main topic, but remember that sizes/ weights measured by ultrasound is commonly up to 2 lbs off in either direction (and I've heard of it being as much as 4 lbs off!). The later in pregnancy you go the less accurate it is. And, really, with 2 lbs in play here, it's pretty inaccurate. Hope you have a good, positive appointment though, Mama!

Quoting NatyRod:

Hi momma.. First of all congrats on ur little girl. I'm also due on December with my first child (boy)... And ironically enough I also have my 36wk appt tomorrow where they will do a weight u/s.. I'm very eager to find out how much my little man is weighing.

The best of luck to u tomorrow... He's to an upside down baby. :)

P.S1: u can join us at the December 2013 Babies group if u haven't done so already.

P.S2: when replying to a response, make sure u choose the "quote" option on the reply box so that the person is notified of ur reply. ;)

amy_dawn
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:36 AM
I hope it works for you! My first midwife told me to spend a lot of time down on my hands and knees (like scrubbing the floors, LOL) and that would help baby position head down.

Baby can turn right up until the last minute. And, technically, a breech baby can be born naturally. It used to happen all the time until it was decided that major surgery was "easier". Sideways, of course, is not an okay position! So, turn, baby, turn! ;-)

Quoting Emerysmommy2013:

Thanks for the website I am trying what it said now :)) maybe I'll get good news Tomorrow !

musicaldoula
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Here's a good list of things you can do to get your baby turned:

http://pregnancy.about.com/od/breechbabies/a/turningbreech.htm

I know two people for whom the Webster technique followed by an external version worked.

Amy_dawn_ is right about the uselessness of guessing weight at this point. I have personally been in on several cesarean sections for "big babies" which came out weighing under 7 lbs. Really doctor??

Quoting amy_dawn:

This is off the main topic, but remember that sizes/ weights measured by ultrasound is commonly up to 2 lbs off in either direction (and I've heard of it being as much as 4 lbs off!). The later in pregnancy you go the less accurate it is. And, really, with 2 lbs in play here, it's pretty inaccurate. Hope you have a good, positive appointment though, Mama!

Guruliza
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Go get acupuncture and visit Spinning Babies on the web to learn how to get your baby in the perfect position for birth. And check out my website Birth Class At Home for a free heatlhy birth guide.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured