Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How soon after the birth will you allow visitors?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 48 Replies

How soon after the birth will you allow visitors?

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Depends on who it is. I have c sections. Dad and baby go to my room and once I'm back with them I like some bonding time with baby, my mom can come in during this but she doesn't get baby until I'm ready to hand it over. 

I prefer everyone else to wait until I can shower so... 6 hours or so??? 

mrs.hartman12
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
No dooner than 3-4 days depending on if I am up for it.
esox
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Family (mom & dad possibly in laws (if they even show up)), right after I'm stitched up and back in my room with my baby. Extended family (close cousins and such) the next day.
Really I'm not expecting many people. We will be about 3 hours away from family for the delivery. Not many people will want to make that drive after working all day and having to go to work the next day as well.
KelliansMom
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
All my family lives out of state so when ever they can fly out. Friends when ever. I am not one to stay in hiding for long.
TheyAreMyLoves
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:52 AM
No hospital visitors, no phone calls at hospital until I am mobile, showered and settled with daddy and baby.
Then I will send DH for our older kids and he'll bring them to the hospital.
They will be the first and only visitors I accept and I will make sure they get a good amount of time alone with DH, baby and I.
Then we will allow grandparents.
I'm not sure about my BIL's or their wives.
I am close with one BIL but his wife is such a crybaby and has been some kind of way about me being pregnant (she made my shower all about her infertility and her feud with another one of my guests). I don't want that kind of negativity around us.
My other BIL and his wife are not really welcome....but I can't say that it it'll cause a war in the family.
So, I think I'd like to limit it to grandparents as my best friend only (she will probably be taking care of my older kids at least part of the time I'm in the hospital).
Then, once we're home I'd say no visitors (besides bff/neighbor) the first day home.
KRhyMama2013
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM

My whole family will be there, but that doesnt mean my little guy is going to be handed over. 

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM
We want a couple of hours to be alone with him, and then we will let family in (my mom, his parents, and his sister). After family has seen him, we'll call/text our closest friends and let them know they can come whenever they want. :)
charley31
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:25 PM
As long as dh and I have an hour or so alone to bond I don't care who comes. I know my parents and mil will be there so I'm fine with that.
Rh1annaa
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

This is my first pregnancy. I think it'll depend on how I feel there and then..

ShelbyWalton
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM
I'm 2.5 hours from most family. Our aunt and my hubby's brother and his wife live near us. I am sure they will be at the hospital. I am thinking my parents and his will drive down asap. This is our first. I am sure everyone will see baby after we are all settled in the room.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN