Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I fell yesterday, but baby is moving...

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:06 PM
  • 19 Replies

Last night I tripped in my driveway.  I caught most of the fall with my hands.  They are scratched, sore and swollen and my foot, knee and spine feel stiff and sore.  My tummy barely touched the ground.  I'm not cramping or bleeding and the baby has been active since then and still.  Should be fine, right?  I emailed my doctor just in case. 

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
samsanders
by Samantha on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I would assume so especially if baby is moving!

Nessasmomma
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
As long as you didnt land flat on your belly and the baby is moving id say your ok
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

How many weeks are you? Yes, you should be fine. Sounds like you did all the right things. Use heat and ice on those sore bits and make sure you drink plenty of water to aid in healing. Feel better!

forsakenjewl24
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I've fallen .... Went to the hospital Bern checked and baby was just fine.
valrubio
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM
The baby is probably fine. I'm 33 weeks and fell this weekend on our concrete steps going to door and luckily mostly caught myself and my baby has been moving like crazy.
mommie2madison
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:05 PM

The fetal movement is a good sign - dr will probably still want to put you on a monitor for a little while to make sure you're not having any contractions as a spill can lead to them, and then pre-term labor.  Hope all is OK as expected.  ;-)

MrsErdos2011
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Quoting valrubio:

The baby is probably fine. I'm 33 weeks and fell this weekend on our concrete steps going to door and luckily mostly caught myself and my baby has been moving like crazy.

This. I was about 35 weeks with my son and I fell on my front steps flat on my butt with my nephew in my arms. I told the doctor about and he laughed at me after he made sure we were both ok. I was sore for like 3 weeks with a bruised butt.

LeeBug32
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow.  Thanks!

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

How many weeks are you? Yes, you should be fine. Sounds like you did all the right things. Use heat and ice on those sore bits and make sure you drink plenty of water to aid in healing. Feel better!

tabby21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

yea like the other ladies said as long as baby is moving and movements havent decreased i think its safe to say baby's fine :) sorry you fell and hope you feel better mamas!!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

LeeBug32
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Ouch!  Thanks.  He's still moving and it happened at 8 last night.  I'm sore where my body absorbed the impact - hand, knee, spine and shoulder.

Quoting valrubio:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)