Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uterus hasn't grown in 2 weeks?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 10 Replies
Anyone else had this problem? I'm 30 weeks and today the doc said baby is measuring small and my uterus hasn't grown since last time so I'm getting another ultrasound on the 18th to check on baby.
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Bump!
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I wouldn't worry at all. Baby could be in a different position. Also don't trust an ultrasound to measure weight accurately, it could be off 2 pounds or more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mittenmommie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:51 PM
My doc doesn't measure me, I don't know if he does it by feel and just doesn't tell me or what. But I feel like my hasn't gotten any bigger lately.
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:06 PM
I measured 4 weeks behind at 30 weeks, with no growth from 28 to 30 weeks. Midwife decided to give baby 2 weeks to catch up before doing an u/s. At my next appointment, baby had caught up and she didn't think the u/s was necessary.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Baby could be about to have a growth spurt. I wouldn't worry yet. If there isn't growth by the next time, then I would start to worry a bit.

mikkosmommy
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:48 PM
With ds2 this happened to me around the same time.... After ultrasound they decided he was just in a lower position and it made if appear like I hadn't grown. Then a few weeks later I measured smaller than previously, another ultrasound done, baby was fine... He just dropped and engaged his head in my pelvis at 34 weeks... So from then in I continued to measure about 2 weeks behind, but baby was fine. He was born very healthy at 6lbs 10oz, which is a tad smaller than average but I pushed him out in 15 minutes do I wasn't complaining :)
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I wish it were Monday morning already so I can see if baby is fine and the right size. I was curious tonight and I measured my own fundal height. I know it may not be accurate since I'm not trained to do it but I got 27/28 cm from my pubic bone to the top of my uterus. I'm 31 weeks now so that's a bit off. I hope its just that baby is lower.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I had no fundal growth for 4.5 weeks at the end of my last pregnancy. While she was healthy, the placenta was partially calcified and she had no vernix left. My concerns were ignored though, so at least your doctor ia listening to you.
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM
How scary! Was she small at birth? My second dd was born at almost 42 weeks but she was only 6 lbs 1 oz and 18 1/4 inches long. I remember the nurses saying to themselves how bad her placenta looked and how thin her cord was. But no one ever talked to me about it. My dd needed some help with extra oxygen at birth and needed to be in a warmer for a few hours because she was having trouble holding her temp. Other than that she was totally healthy.

I wonder if this baby is going to be like her, or worse off.

Quoting Pandapanda:

I had no fundal growth for 4.5 weeks at the end of my last pregnancy. While she was healthy, the placenta was partially calcified and she had no vernix left. My concerns were ignored though, so at least your doctor ia listening to you.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Oh goodness no- she was 10lbs4.5oz and 21.5" long.

I went 6 days past edd with her and it just didn't feel right. My placenta weighed about 3.5lbs and the cord was about the thickness of a pencil, maybe a little more. She had trouble holding her temp but we were home 5 hours later.

Quoting norahsmommy:

How scary! Was she small at birth? My second dd was born at almost 42 weeks but she was only 6 lbs 1 oz and 18 1/4 inches long. I remember the nurses saying to themselves how bad her placenta looked and how thin her cord was. But no one ever talked to me about it. My dd needed some help with extra oxygen at birth and needed to be in a warmer for a few hours because she was having trouble holding her temp. Other than that she was totally healthy.

I wonder if this baby is going to be like her, or worse off.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured