Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone else experiencing random bouts of heartburn?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

Haven't had too many issues until recently. I just turned 33 weeks preggo today and I swear the last week or so I feel like I have heartburn or indigestion ALL the time. I understand I'll get it if I eat something spicy and what not but today haven't had anything of the sort, more recently I had some Cranberry juice and a york patty!

Anyone else dealing with this?

If so for how long and how far along are you?

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tabby21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:52 PM

im 22 weeks and for the last 2 weeks i get heartburt NO MATTER WHAT! i even advoid food that gives me heartburn but no matter what i eat it seems to not go away!! gets worste after dinner

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:09 PM

You are lucky it's only starting now!  Mine kicks in in the early 20ws.  I'm only 15w with #3 but it's already starting a bit.  I have an appt tomorrow and will request my Rx for meds so I can have it ready for when it starts to get really bad.  Mine is only at night though when I'm in bed.  It starts off as heartburn and moves to reflux.  With no meds, I get woken up nearly every night choking on my own vomit (cute, huh?!).

abismommy25
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I have this problem but I'm 7 wks 3 days an its been going on for two wks almost. Mine starts out in the early morning, waking me up usually. An I'm crazing anything spicy. Mainly stuffed jalepinos wrapped w Bacon.LOL. but idk if its heartburn or indegestion...is there a different? LOL mine sits in my throat right at the top an just Burns! When I burp I can taste it an it gets worse! Uggghh
rdp90
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:18 PM

For me when I think I'm experiencing heartburn it's this burning sensation right in the middle of my chest, indigestion I think is when it's sitting at the top of my throat. I don't know which one I hate more! All I've been craving is spicy stuff! Lol

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I had it bad in the very beginning, and now for the last couple weeks, it has been much more frequent (I'm almost 23 weeks). 

Lashawn77
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:51 PM
I am 31 weeks and 3 days. I have been having heartburn since I was 20 weeks. It's horribly uncomfortable. Doctor said Tums help as well as Zantac.
Chrissy_Lynn
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:18 PM
I'm 29 weeks and have been dealing with it the past couple weeks. I have learned one major no no is laying down after eating.
babyfish0511
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I'm 30 weeks today and have been having heartburn every day since the beginning of the second trimester. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)