Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby Daddy Trouble.

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

So me and the boyfriend found out we was expecting last wednesday, and today makes it 6 weeks for me! Well he is not wanting to find out the gender when the time rolls around. He wants to wait until I give birth before we know what we are having, and honestly I don't want to wait. I don't know what has changed between us. But he said I have become a b**ch since I found out I was pregnant, which I haven't. But he said that if I gave away a hint or anything to show what I was having he was going to remove me from his life. Like what kind of man is going to say that to his pregnant girlfriend. I just don't know what to do anymore. I try to blow it off and just not worry about it, and act like we are such a great couple when we are around his family and friends. But my family knows how he truly is. I need relationship adivce for me and my child.

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:04 PM
If he's such an ass, breakup with him. Knowing the gender early isn't that big of a deal, but if he can so easily replace you, you need to find someone else.
nursemommy6
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:06 PM

That's controlling. I went through similar with my EX. He would always threaten to leave me or stupid  stuff but in the end I was the one that left him. I am here if you need to talk :)

Kaattiiee21
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Yeah we broke up one time, and he was already talking to a new girl and stuff. And I was sitting at home bawling my eyes out. Like I don't want to put me and my child through this. And he throws a fit when I want to come home and see my family. like I moved in with him in september/october and hardly ever seen my family. Like my family doesn't want me with him. But he is the father of my child, ya know? And if me and him don't work I want us to try and act like a family once the baby gets here. He just thinks my child is going to be f***ed up in the head because both of his parents aren't together. And as long as that baby has a mother thats going to love him/her thats all that matters.

jojo_star
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Sure, a happy family is ideal, but you have to think about your child. This man doesn't sound like father material, and even if he's the best dad ever, you deserve better and shouldn't stay with him and suffer just so the baby has two parents. Leave him.

Quoting Kaattiiee21:

Yeah we broke up one time, and he was already talking to a new girl and stuff. And I was sitting at home bawling my eyes out. Like I don't want to put me and my child through this. And he throws a fit when I want to come home and see my family. like I moved in with him in september/october and hardly ever seen my family. Like my family doesn't want me with him. But he is the father of my child, ya know? And if me and him don't work I want us to try and act like a family once the baby gets here. He just thinks my child is going to be f***ed up in the head because both of his parents aren't together. And as long as that baby has a mother thats going to love him/her thats all that matters.

Kaattiiee21
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Yeah that's what I am thinking about doing, but he is working out of town at the moment and I don't know when he will be back. He wants me to come home the day he comes back, but im just not ready to leave. I am loving that I get to stay at home with my mom and grandma. He isn't the same guy I met when we first met at the restaurant where I worked at.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Sorry, I don't have much advice, but for him to put the baby's gender reveal as the deal breaker, I would have to dig deeper to find out if there is something more to it.  It's hard because yea, we women have so many changes going on through us when pregnant, but you should not be called names.  ((hugs))

Baby3thinkpink
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:03 PM
I agree! We have enough to worry about, we dont need to be called names. But I also believe that you should be assertive. Tell him the changes you need to see in order for your relationship to continue. If he chooses to continue that behavior then leave. Good luck!

Quoting meam4444:

Sorry, I don't have much advice, but for him to put the baby's gender reveal as the deal breaker, I would have to dig deeper to find out if there is something more to it.  It's hard because yea, we women have so many changes going on through us when pregnant, but you should not be called names.  ((hugs))

BeachBumBaby
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Sounds like you need to leave him before it gets any harder to.. I left my baby's father in the beginning of my pregnancy.. He had become a real immature jerk, who I knew was not good for me or my baby. Of course it's ideal for the mother & father to be together, but only if it's what's BEST. It is not always best for the mother & father to be together, that is for sure. It's better for your child to have 1 good & happy parent around, than 2 angry & bitter parents around. Since breaking up with my ex, I have moved back in with my mother & sister & my child will grow up in a good environment with people who love each other & love him, that's what every baby deserves.. & even though it's not the world's idea of "perfect", it is the best decision I can make at this point. Please do not stay with this guy if he treats you wrong or if it's a bad relationship.. Too many times you see people "stay together for the kids", but children would rather be FROM a broken home than to be IN a broken home. Don't make your child have to suffer in a terrible relationship with you. If you have a loving family that is willing to take you in or help you out, accept it! Always do what's best for you AND your child! Good luck, & you can message me if you need someone to personally talk to!

Heather2001
by Heather on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Wow, well, he doesn't sound like much of a catch.  If something as trivial as that would make him leave you, maybe you should find someone who values you more.

Kaattiiee21
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Well I took yall's adive ladies and I left! I can't do this no more. I am tired of getting yelled at for no reason and he getting mad at me. When he wants to grow up and actually talk to me in a normal tone instead of being childish and immature then he can. So I deleted him from my facebook and won't say nothing to him. If I got to grow up, then he does too! But knowing him, he will never stop flirting with other girls or quit his drinking/smoking. So right now it looks like I am going to be a single mother, but I will have two supportive families :)

Which I am thankful for!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)