Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Surviving a Road-Trip with Kids (VIDEO)

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:41 AM
  • 14 Replies

Over the river and through the woods! Oh, it’s holiday road-trip time! Sure, it’s great to bring the family together, but getting there can be a battle! Mom and blogger Lindsay Ferrier is here to share her tips for hitting the road!

by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Great tips! 

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 25, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Thanks for sharing!
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM

we have traveled enouht with the kids that its really not  a big deal anymore. the portable dvd players were a great invesment last year. we just let the kids nap and watch movies the entire way and sometimes i hop in the back to watch one with them while my husband drives.

Larsbug
by Laura on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Thanks!!

lillucky8
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Great tips!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM
I cant wait until my kids are big enough for that, they are still so young the buttons are more fun than the movies lol

Quoting Autumn19:

we have traveled enouht with the kids that its really not  a big deal anymore. the portable dvd players were a great invesment last year. we just let the kids nap and watch movies the entire way and sometimes i hop in the back to watch one with them while my husband drives.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 1:06 PM
We take road trips to ny and nj a few times a year, we pack snacks, coloring books and crayons, books, any kind of activity that isnt too messy but will keep them busy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I love our dvd player!  It is one of the best inventions for the car.

Quoting Autumn19:

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 6:37 PM

We travel quite a bit too, and I always pack juice boxes for the ride.  I find it is easy for the kids to drink, and it isn't pop (which when we stop for food...there aren't too many healthy drink options besides a bottle of water which isn't easy for the younger kids).

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Emily was only 1i when we went on 2 7hr trips and slept most of the way

Quoting lillucky8:

I cant wait until my kids are big enough for that, they are still so young the buttons are more fun than the movies lol

Quoting Autumn19:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured