Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Why is it so hard to accept that this is our baby, our choice?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 33 Replies

My family is driving me crazy. I will find out the gender on the 19th but have decided to do a gender reveal party instead of a baby shower. To sum it up, this is what I keep getting (facebook);

• SIL - if you tell everyone it will be easier to shop for the baby shower
  • ME - Yes I know. But that's why I wanted to do the gender reveal party instead, and ask for diapers and simple things. Something different and easier too.
  • SIL - no! We wanna buy girl or boy stuff hmmmmm not fair at all!!!

• ME - Haha. The reveal thing is going to be a lot of fun, you wait and see
  • SIL - except you will only get junk not neat stuff not to mention yellows and greens yuk

• ME - Diapers, wipes, onesies (yellow, white or green), blankets, baby lotions and soaps are very useful
  • ME - Jackie said something about buying the baby gender specific stuff afterwards. If anyone wants to do that, y'all can bring up to the hospital
  • ME - I just saw the yellow and green comment, what's wrong with those colors lol? And besides, I don't expect anyone to go crazy over a bunch of yellow and green onesies lol. Buy diapers, baby books, toys and things like that if you want to go crazy. I'm going to get most everything myself. Everyone helped out soooo much with Isaac and Cayden, and I am thankful for it because I needed help badly back then. But now I am capable of doing it myself, and I want to :) But if anyone does want to do something big or special, I have no problem with it, just let me know before I start shopping.
  • SIL - Jus sayin it could be blues or pinks
  • ME - Save the clothes for the hospital visit then This party will be fun, something different and interesting. I found some cute games to play that I know everyone is going to like.

This is what I have been dealing with from most of my family. This was an hour or so ago and now she won't talk to me.

The closer it is to finding out the gender, the worse it gets. Why can't everyone just leave it alone? This is what we want to do!

pregnancy due date
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PyschMeh
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:57 AM

BUMP!

jennierenna
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Your party is a cute idea. There is nothing wrong with people buying stuff after the reveal if they want to. 

I mean the people complaining about it. They still have plenty of time to buy gender specific stuff if they want.

PyschMeh
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I agree, I think this whole thing is going to be fun! I just feel like everyone is sucking the excitement out of it. Of all the children born into my family in my kids generation (12 or so kids), EVERYONE has always found out the gender. I get why this is a new concept for everyone, and I even expected some of this. But damn, not this much! It is starting to make me feel bad, and that is making me mad.

Quoting jennierenna:

Your party is a cute idea. There is nothing wrong with people buying stuff after the reveal if they want to. 

pregnancy due date
NatyRod
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Why don't u just do 2 parties :)
One now and one later.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:06 AM
My family went nuts are were being disrespectful and sneaky to try finding out the gender. I even had someone hunt down a secret registry I made and had not shared.
PyschMeh
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Ha, I bet mine would too. I won't be posting it anywhere, maybe not even here even though I am certain no one knows I get on this site. I would be pretty upset.

Quoting Pandapanda:

My family went nuts are were being disrespectful and sneaky to try finding out the gender. I even had someone hunt down a secret registry I made and had not shared.

pregnancy due date
PyschMeh
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

The thought has crossed my mind. Maybe I will. My sister wanted to do this party for me (one of the few who are ok with this) but I don't want someone throwing me 2 parties. Maybe I'll see if my budget will allow me to throw this one now, and let my sister do the shower later. Just not sure if it will work out :(

Quoting NatyRod:

Why don't u just do 2 parties :)
One now and one later.

pregnancy due date
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM
The thing is, I didn't even tell anyone I had registered, never shared it anywhere, nothing. This happened with #3 and I'd never had a shower so it was really upsetting that someone would go to such lengths to find out.

Whatever happened to letting people enjoy their own baby/happiness?

Quoting PyschMeh:

Ha, I bet mine would too. I won't be posting it anywhere, maybe not even here even though I am certain no one knows I get on this site. I would be pretty upset.

Quoting Pandapanda:

berespectful
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

personally, if they are that unsupportive, i'd invite other people to the gender reveal party. Enjoy it with friends or just your family if the inlaws are the problem. Sadly, not all inlaws are happy about their DIL's baby. My inlaws boycotted our baby (our first AND their first grandchild) baby shower b/c they had other 'more important" things to do. Sigh...

nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:29 AM
I am kind of a but when getting annoyed so i would wait tell you find out or if you have had the appt then tell them you couldn't tell this time but are still going to have the party. Just surprise everyone when they get there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN