Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

dont want to gain please help!!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:12 AM
  • 6 Replies

omg i been saying every day i need to work out and thinking well im tierd ill just go to sleep and work out tomorrow. well the next day im even more tired and im starting to gain. im only 7 weeks prego but i been so hungry and i been eating so much what should i do i really dont want to get more over weight then i am. :(((   im 5,0 and my weight is 150.   any healthy dinners you recommend  with recipes that are cheap to buy i am on a budget seems like we really cant afford all that nice organic stuff more like pastas and rice and chickens im Spanish so thats what my husband likes to eat but i dont want to gain to much.

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jojo_star
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Eat raw fruits and veggies. Go on daily walks. Bake chicken, eat fish, get turkey. Cut out bread and carbs.
ToniTennille
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Don't cut out all carbs just the refined stuff. Have complex carbs your baby needs it. I was really sleepy and wanted to eat all the time in the beginning but that changed. Make sure you get up at a decent hour and eat. That will help boost your energy on top of having two cups of water right after you get up. I'm 24 weeks and still wearing pre-pregnancy pants. My breakfast often consist of a small avocado with a poached egg on top with some pico and a glass of milk. If your stomach can handle it sprinkle some cayenne on top. If I'm real hungry I'll have a slice of Ezekiel bread with it. Eat small meals and sensible snacks throughout the day. Don't feel guilty if you have a treat once in awhile. It's ok. ;-)
jack90
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:30 PM

ok thanks :)

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Unfortunately, you're going to gain weight. Just make healthy choices when you do eat.
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:47 PM

definitely don't cut out all carbs, just the bad ones.  not only does the baby need them, you need them to fuel your muscles and brain.  increase your protein as that will help you stay full longer.  a 6oz yogurt does wonders to get me started off right in the morning.

also, recognize your limits.  when i was in my first tri, 30mins on a treadmill (walking briskly) made me feel like I had just finished a 1/2 marathon.  That was all my body could do while suffering from the first tri fatigue.  you have a long way to go so try to not focus so much on gaining or not gaining but more on properly fueling your body and exercising (same as you would not pg). 

Larsbug
by Laura on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:08 PM

exactly, agree 110%

Quoting Pandapanda:

Unfortunately, you're going to gain weight. Just make healthy choices when you do eat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)