Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I'm pregnant the second time & carpal tunnel symptoms are so severe that i can hardly type this title

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:20 AM
  • 12 Replies

i never had this issue with the 1st pregnancy. now my right hand is numb.. doctor says it will worsen. 

anyone else experienced this issue?

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:50 AM

When my hands feel numb. I know it is time to see my chiropractor. When I am pregnant and not pregnant.

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:52 AM

This has been happening every morning for me, I am just about 12 weeks pregnant with #4. I never had this with my previous pregnancies. 

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Mine is starting to bother me more. I already had a touch of it because I work on a computer all day long, but pregnancy is definitely making it worse. My boss bought me a bunch of ergonomic things for my desk, which kind of helps. They say it goes away after you give birth... except I'm sure mine won't, since I already had it before.

drmkj
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Yeah I was told the same that after birth, it will go away because of edema settlement. But it's bothersome for now. The good news is just one month more to go!
Seximama23
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:23 AM
I have carpel tunnel in both hands..I wear braces. They help a lot.. it keeps the carpel nerve in the right place so you don't get the numbess as severe.

In some cases..like my moms surgery is the only fix
drmkj
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:36 PM
What braces are these? Does the doctor recommend them?

Quoting Seximama23:

I have carpel tunnel in both hands..I wear braces. They help a lot.. it keeps the carpel nerve in the right place so you don't get the numbess as severe.

Seximama23
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:02 PM

If you google carpal tunnel braces it will show you. They are like guards for your hands that help keep them at a certain angle so that the pressure can be  relieved on the carpal nerve. And yes..your regualar doc can write a script for them and your local med supply store can help you too. I had to have special testing done to actually diagnose that I have carpal tunnel syndrome. When I get my braces on I will post a pic.

Quoting drmkj:

Quoting Seximama23:

BeautifulFey
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Get a bandage and wrap your wrists, avoid too much strain. I've suffered with it most of my life.
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Ace bandage I use for Carpal tunnel

Quoting drmkj:

Quoting Seximama23:

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I have it extremely bad. I can't do much some days because of my hands. :-(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN