Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Not so great news....

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 19 Replies
Just a brief update about my low placenta diagnosis. My midwife called and said it looks like it is a complete previa. My midwife says it still could possibly migrate in order for me to have a natural delivery but if not I will need a c section. I am so nervous....has anyone had experience with a complete previa? Share good and bad experiences so I have some idea of what could happen...
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amy_dawn
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Your placenta can 'move' as the baby grows, so they will just need to keep an eye on it. I don't have any personal experience with it, though. Positive thoughts, Mama!
PrinceMomma486
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Thats what I have been told. I am 23 weeks now and hoping it does move without any issues. This is my 5th child and my others were born naturally so I hope this one is born naturally as well.

Quoting amy_dawn:

Your placenta can 'move' as the baby grows, so they will just need to keep an eye on it. I don't have any personal experience with it, though. Positive thoughts, Mama!
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:17 AM

No experience but good thoughts! 

WVmom06
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:34 PM
I had a low lying placenta with the baby I'm currently carrying. They were worried at the anatomy scan ultrasound at 20 weeks so another was ordered for 28 weeks. At my 28 week ultrasound the placenta had migrated and was out of the way and the midwife said it would be safe for me to have a vaginal delivery now.
dx1066
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine was complete at my 20 week anatomy scan.  I just went for another ultrasound on the 14th.  I'm 28 weeks today, and mine has moved up enough to deliver vaginally.  So it can happen!

Crazzzytega
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this
I had complete previa up until my 28week scan then it moved, so it can happen! Dont give up hope
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Good luck! I really hope it moves for you.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
It can move. Just in case, I would suggest educating yourself on everything that comes with a cesarean. It never hurts to be informed.
PrinceMomma486
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Thats exactly what I have been doing. My sister had two and I have been talking with her about her experiences as well as other people I know.

Quoting Pandapanda:

It can move. Just in case, I would suggest educating yourself on everything that comes with a cesarean. It never hurts to be informed.
PrinceMomma486
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Did you have any bleeding? I havent had any so far...

Quoting Crazzzytega:

I had complete previa up until my 28week scan then it moved, so it can happen! Dont give up hope
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)