Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Induction !? help!

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

So, my due date is on sunday 11/17/2013 but due to some high blood pressure issues my doctor wants to induce me. im scheduled to go in sunday night at 7 pm for the cervidil and they said that takes roughly 12 hours and then in the AM they'll start the pitocin. My question really is, has anyone had the cervidil and then gone into labor just from that without the need of the pitocin the next morning? Can cervidil kickstart labor?

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
widesmilesmommy
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:20 PM

i had the cervidil with my first son ! i was 40 weeks preg and it started my labor and they gave me the potocin  i ended up having to have a csection cause my doctor didnnt break my water all the way and his heart rate went from 115 to a 220 in 10 min good luck hope it work for u 

MIA0223
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I was 0 cm. Got cervadil. 10 hours later I was crampy and 1 cm.
Had DS 9 hours later :)
No pictocin!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:30 PM

i never had the cervidil.  i just had the pitocin to induce me with my first.  i was induced partly from bp issues and partly from his size.  It was pretty fast though.  I got the pitocin started at 9:30am but they didn't really count my labor starting until 12:30pm when they broke my water.   He was born at 8:30pm

GL!!!!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:17 PM

It does happen often. The other thing you could do to avoid pitocin is ask for a Foley bulb induction.

amnewlon8982
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:23 PM
When I was induced due to PIH my doc used pitocin then a few hours later he broke my water. I had my daughter about 8 hours later. The only issue I had that almost killed me was an adverse reaction to the epidural. My blood pressure dropped dangerously low and I stopped breathing. I was alone in my room at that point but once my doula found me turning blue they were able to save both.
Savvysmomma118
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:44 PM
My friend had it and it sent her into labor but the contractions were inconsistent and not strong so they started pitocin about 4 hrs after the cervidil
caityybabyy07
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:13 PM

thank you everyone, some of these comments have really helped me out & made me not so nervous (:

Proudmom0610
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I had to take cervidil  and didn't have to wait 12 hours, I remember it working pretty quickly after getting it but I still needed the pitocin, and they still needed to break my water I was in labor from start to end for 8 hours when I was induced

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)