Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Circ?

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 92 Replies
Who is planning on circ or not circing their boys? Why or why not ? This isn't a debate on whose right or wrong I'm really curious for the reasons. I might not if it's a boy, df isn't circ and in ok with it (prior to him I wasn't lol) and now I feel like if I can't watch it be done it shouldn't be done to my lil man ( if I have one) df feels it should get done if it's a boy but I am the one who signs the papers
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabby21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM

i got peanut done because of higene....its alot harder  to clean if not circ. in my opnion but i do not judge others because my friend didnt get her son circ.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Mrswalker2012
by Erica on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:02 PM
My kids father isn't either but we got our son circ and if this baby is a bit he will be too
SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:02 PM

it is against my religious beliefs to circ so if our baby had been a boy I would not have circ'd

connorsmama06
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:03 PM

My boys are. It is what the Bible tells us 

Bubsy
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I plan to get him circumsized if it's a boy, not only for the hygene aspect, but because I've spoken to a lot of friends and family who aren't, and all of them say they wish they had been. Then again, that's just the opinions of the few I've personally spoken with. But the father and I have spoken about it at length, and both agree that it's the best choice for us personally. 

Butterfly_xo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My son was circ'd. My husband is as well. I did my own homework on it and there really is no right or wrong thing to do. I just knew that it would be easier for him to clean and reduces the chances of infection. I was upset after they took him away to get it done. In that instant I felt bad but was relieved when they brought him back in only 15 mins time. I was surprised ! He was sleeping and bundled up all cute. I honestly think we felt worse than he did ! When he woke up, he wasn't crying or anything. His penis was a little red around the rim but everything else looked fine. It wasn't tender to touch or anything because he obviously would have cried. The little bit of redness that I saw went away in about a week. I know some women say its horrible and this that and the third, but my son and his penis are fine. My husbands penis is fine. It's really just up to the parents. Good luck.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I'm going to have this baby circed. My other two boys were circed and my dh is too. My dh and I have discussed it and he even talked to his parents about it too (my older sons are not my dh's). They are going to help us pay for it to be done.
risa_xc
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I have my son circumcised because of hygiene. I know family members who have had to be circed later in life because of infections and it was not because of improper cleaning.
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Thanks I'm tired of looking on websites in the end it's a decision the parents personally make, the care for it isn't any different. I just don't feel right if I can't see it be done (and I know df won't be able to stand it either) then it shouldn't be . Df sometimes has his issues with not beig cut but when I tell him to get it done he runs away lol I was curious on other parents reasons, I don't bash for either way everyone has a different parenting opinion and no one is right or wrong as long as the child is happy and healthy :-) I'm really happy to read all the positive circ experiences out there

Quoting Butterfly_xo:

My son was circ'd. My husband is as well. I did my own homework on it and there really is no right or wrong thing to do. I just knew that it would be easier for him to clean and reduces the chances of infection. I was upset after they took him away to get it done. In that instant I felt bad but was relieved when they brought him back in only 15 mins time. I was surprised ! He was sleeping and bundled up all cute. I honestly think we felt worse than he did ! When he woke up, he wasn't crying or anything. His penis was a little red around the rim but everything else looked fine. It wasn't tender to touch or anything because he obviously would have cried. The little bit of redness that I saw went away in about a week. I know some women say its horrible and this that and the third, but my son and his penis are fine. My husbands penis is fine. It's really just up to the parents. Good luck.

Butterfly_xo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:55 PM

You're very brave ! I would not be able to watch anyone cut my son. It would break my heart. He was only 2 days old ! If I was your husband, I would run away too. It's much more painful to get circumcised now. The babies don't even remember it. We def had a great experience with it and whatever you decide to do is a good decision because you know what's right for your children (: 

Quoting rwcw89:

Thanks I'm tired of looking on websites in the end it's a decision the parents personally make, the care for it isn't any different. I just don't feel right if I can't see it be done (and I know df won't be able to stand it either) then it shouldn't be . Df sometimes has his issues with not beig cut but when I tell him to get it done he runs away lol I was curious on other parents reasons, I don't bash for either way everyone has a different parenting opinion and no one is right or wrong as long as the child is happy and healthy :-) I'm really happy to read all the positive circ experiences out there

Quoting Butterfly_xo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured