Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is planning on circ or not circing their boys? Why or why not ? This isn't a debate on whose right or wrong I'm really curious for the reasons. I might not if it's a boy, df isn't circ and in ok with it (prior to him I wasn't lol) and now I feel like if I can't watch it be done it shouldn't be done to my lil man ( if I have one) df feels it should get done if it's a boy but I am the one who signs the papers
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Replies (91-92):
JustDG
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I am having my first boy, and he will be getting circ'd.  It was his fathers decision...he is, so he wants his son to be.  I dont have a penis, obviously, so I could care less.

allrighty2
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I think you should make your choice based on respecting the rights of the child.  If you remove part of his penis, he may grow up and resent it.  My husband wishes he had not been circumcised, He says many other men feel the same way.  However none have mentioned it to their parents and men don't typically discuss it with women.  So I don't think women know how many men resent it being done to them.

I don't think you should make your choice on other peoples preference, but I'm just saying, the best sex I have had has been with intact men.  At least research and learn the importance and function of the foreskin is, so you know what you will be taking away from your son.

Also only in America do men seem to need to be circumcised later (at least according to the moms here).  no other country does this occur.  Men in other countries are uncut and have no problems and never need to be circumcised later in life.

I'm an RN and wont be circumcising anyone, its one of the services I can refuse to assist with under state law.  More states are adopting laws like this and in Europe infant circumcision is nearly illegal.  You may want to ask yourself why some places consider it child abuse.  
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured