Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

i cant stop crying...

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:53 AM
  • 17 Replies
So I have been at the hospital for 11 days now.

I am so homesick. I miss my son, I miss my SO, I miss cooking and cleaning. Being in my own place moving around.

I have been crying and when the nurse came in to take my vitals I started crying even more. I just broke down and couldn't control myself. I miss my family and being home. Idk what to do. I have been loom knitting, doing puzzles, coloring to keep me busy but I just can't anymore. I haven't had a homecooked meal in 11 days. It my not seem like much for some of you, but this is the longest I have been away from them.
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Im sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 5:31 AM
Its hell. And I can tell you from experience, it only gets worse. I've been in the hospital for three weeks this time and I'll be here until the baby is born. I'm 29 weeks. This is my fifth hospital stay this pregnancy. Three were for just a few days, but one I ended up staying for four weeks and I was severely depressed by the time I was discharged. I feel like the worlds worst mother because I have four kids at home and I've missed almost everything that has gone on in their lives since I got pregnant because I'm so sick. Its terrible, but I am told eventually, it ends and its all worth it. I don't see it right now, but I hope its true.
jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I know it's hard. My hospital stay with DD4 was 11days before she came and then one more after she was born. I had my rough days but I had to keep telling myself it was for my baby. I became good friends will all of my nurses and they were so awesome! They would come in and talk to me whenever they had a "slow time" to help keep me happy. I know it stinks but ya just have to make the best of it. I should've been in cpl weeks longer but DD apparently was not up for that. I dreaded even longer time but knew it was for her in the end and the longer she was in the better she would be. Keep your chin up. You will look back later and see it wasn't as long and bad as you think it has been.

cshari2013
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I went through that earlier this year I was away from my kids for three weeks because I was in the hospital for UC ulcerative colitis..the most painful and depressing situation..my daughter was 8.5 months and my son was 4. It was hard being in pain and nobody can help and I only saw my kids once the whole time because I don't want them to get sick visiting the hospital because I had 7 diff roommates during my stay with so many diff issues...it hurt but I survived. And I came home and my daughter was crawling and then standing. Worst part was I had to stop breastfeeding...
MrsM30
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Hang in there!! This is an incredibly stressful time but you are doing it for your family.

I spent two weeks post PPROM on hospital bed rest befoer my son was born at 30 weeks. Then another 6 in NICU in another town. I don't know your diagnosis, but since my first pregnancy there was a big study that came out about bed rest: how it's mostly just harmful to mother's psyche and muscle tone and statistically, women/newborns with mothers on bed rest don't do better than those not on it. So this pregnancy if the worst should happen, I'll spend a couple of days in the hospital receiving steroid shots and return home to await labor. Best of luck to you!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:04 AM

hugsJust know we are all here for you. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:53 PM
What are you hospitalized for?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I'm very sorry. :( I'm sure they're missing you too. What are you hospitalized for?
SoInLove515
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:20 PM
oh Hun I am so sorry : ( I am never away from my son or husband either, so I can't imagine. Are family members atleast visiting you? Maybe somebody can cook you a good meal and spend time with you? (((hugs))) hope you can go home soon!
mfk3
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Friends and family visit when they can. I am hospitalized because my water broke at 29 weeks so I'm trying to stay pregnant as long as possible
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)