Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you want a specific gender for your care provider this pregnancy?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM
  • 53 Replies

Did you want a specific gender for your doctor or midwife?  Or, did you just look at their qualifications?

doctor

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I always wanted a female...I just feel more comfortable.  And, then, I looked at her qualifications too.

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Nope. I go to a practice that has five doctors, and you see each of them so you're familiar with whichever one is on call at the hospital when you deliver. There are three men and two women. I have loved them all so far! They have the best credentials in the area. :) 

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I prefer male doctors. But with this one I was seeing an ObGyn that was nearby and Female so when I got pregnant I just went back to her.

My Dr doesn't have children, I've posted about that before. She's doing my c section on her day off - I feel a little guilty but she agreed
lost2013
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I wanted a female I went to one my mom went to and I felt like she did not seemed concerned with anything I had to say, then like 2 years later I found a new OB in the same office I have been going to her for over 9 years and with this pregnancy she has been kind of pissing me off. 

smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Gender doesn't matter to me. I love my doctor!
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I had a male OB with my first 2.5 pregnancies. I've been seeing my female OB since about 28 weeks of my third pregnancy and I'm pregnant with my fourth, now 32 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:15 PM
I have a male OB and I like him because he's gentle when it comes to pelvic exams and he's very straight forward about any information. He doesn't hold back, it's like a short hang out session. My SO even thinks he's cool. So we consider ourselves lucky to have found him.
Mrswalker2012
by Erica on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM
I'm more comfortable with males. I've had a male since my first pregnancy
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM
I have the same one ive had for years but I would only choose a female. I want someone with my parts who gets it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I would never trust a woman's journey in the hands of a man. I stick to midwives. If I had complicated pregnancies, and a male ob/peri was my only choice, then I would accept it, but I would never make the choice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured