Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

3 days past due date!

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM
  • 11 Replies
So my due date was suppose to be Friday November 15, but that never happened. Saturday we went to the ER because I thought maybe something is wrong with the baby so I had a huge freak out, but no the baby is healthy he was kicking the little monitor things they put on your stomach. So now I'm feeling like there is something wrong with me, is this normal for being pregnant for the first time? Did you go past your due date?
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ParanormalSarah
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Absolutely - it is VERY VERY common! Due dates should really be more of a 'guess date' to help you prepare but as all moms will tell you, it is now baby's world and you're living in it! They will come when they're ready. My 'guess date' was June 13th with my first and he didn't come till the 21st!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Most first time moms go to an average of 41 weeks 1 day.

My first came at 40w2d, my second at 39w2d, my third came at 40 weeks and 6 days!!
TheyAreMyLoves
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM
I was 41w1d before i delivered my first baby...and I was induced due to high blood pressure.
He was nowhere near ready when they started the induction. Not dilated, 0%, not engaged.
But it was dangerous for me to stay pregnant at thy point.
Who knows how long I would have been pregnant if my BP hadn't spiked.
It's called an ESTIMATED due date for a reason.
joshsmommy23
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I went into labor with my son last year at 40w 3days
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM

It is so very normal to go past the due date.  Some babies need more time in the womb whereas the other are earlier.  I have gone past my two date three times.  Two times, I was 40 weeks, 6 days.  And, just this last September, I had her at 42 weeks.

iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes normal. I went a week past my due date with my first. That was a looong summer lol hang in there!
Is this your first?? I would totally go out to dinner and the movies once or twice more before baby gets here:)
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Babies don't follow schedules. He/she will be here soon enough. Just wait. I've gone into labor without any assistance anywhere from 39w 4d all the way to 42w 5d.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Most first pregnancies go past their due dates. A due date is really just a guess date. It can be off by a few days depending on ovulation, when fertilization occurs, etc. Every baby is different and some take longer to cook than others. I highly suggest reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth while you wait for labor to start. It will give you a lot of good information and help you know everything you are experiencing is normal. You could have a week or more left before baby comes. And that is ok.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Yes it is nature to go past your estimated due date. Lots do all the time. My third was my first to go over my estimated due date. My SIL with all three went to 42 weeks and then went into labor.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Baffled again over here by the amount of women who seem to know nothing about pregnancy...

Normal. A due date is a rough estimate. 38-42 weeks is average gestation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)