Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

sisterly advice for new moms with partner, not to worry, time is utmost

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

you may not care right now as you anticipate being a mother for the first time, but this is your last_____fill in the blank (amount of time) before you and partner; have sex on the fly, (sporadically), make plans without worrying how baby will fit in, go to the store without having to pack a stroller and take all kinds of stuff along, simply have stuff in common together without the child being the main thing, wake up snuggling with partner both having gotten plenty of sleep, you and him being the center of attention is now shifted, (not to say your love has changed) but your attention is distributed differently, and if you have a pet, last time you bust out the door when doggy needs to go poopy without having to dress baby, put diaper on baby, bring heavy stroller down stairs of your apartment and do this all with dog leash in hand. (if you live in apartment). these things are very manageable, but how you spend your last days up until baby comes is precious, hopefully by now you have agreed on the method of discipline you both will use to instruct princess pea or junior, as well as what your looking for from a daycare as well. the amount of time you fart around becomes budgeted and planned around the baby, its not like having a pet you just poor food into a bowl and walk away, you have to drop everything, laundry, lunch, phone, and feed baby, a divine interuption but never-the less, interuption. not trying to scare ya, if you still have living parents, unlike me; miss ancient sarah, it wont be so hard to find a willing and trustable sitter, as much as you and MIL dont get along, you will appreciate her spoiling your baby, taking her for a few hours, and just being there. so dont shoot mil just yet. lol, some mils you want to move to the next state to get away from, like mine, calling cps on us all the time, we moved and everything was fine and dandy. so good luck and realize the time you and your partner have together is like a vacation. enjoy!

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skitskidaddle
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM

bump

skitskidaddle
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM

BUMP!

skitskidaddle
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM

BUMP!

skitskidaddle

BUMP!

skitskidaddle

BUMP!

skitskidaddle
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM

BUMP!

tabby21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:18 PM

i loved this!! its soo true...i feel like all my attention in on peanut and a little less on hubby lmao!! but we both love him very dearly!! its funny how when hubby comes home peanut is the first one he says hi and gives kisses too!!! good luck to and enjoy all the little things for the soon to be first time mamas!!!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

skitskidaddle
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:24 PM

well thank you, I remember well my life changing having my son, but for me, it was like having this unconditional love and having someone depend on you that desserved my attention. my ex was this demanding asshole who drank and abused me. later he quit drinking, but still abusive, now im older like 19 years, and this time, me and boyfriend just really love each other and do everything together, its just great, im worried i will get jealous, lol. no real need for that as long as we keep a good perspective, the child comes first. us second, its a matter of responsibility.

Quoting tabby21:

i loved this!! its soo true...i feel like all my attention in on peanut and a little less on hubby lmao!! but we both love him very dearly!! its funny how when hubby comes home peanut is the first one he says hi and gives kisses too!!! good luck to and enjoy all the little things for the soon to be first time mamas!!!

tabby21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM

wow your young......how old is your little one? peanut is 15 months and all day long when he wants something is MAMA MAMA MAMA MAMA lol i swear sometimes i hear it in my sleep....lol this time next yr. hopefully princess will too lol

Quoting skitskidaddle:

well thank you, I remember well my life changing having my son, but for me, it was like having this unconditional love and having someone depend on you that desserved my attention. my ex was this demanding asshole who drank and abused me. later he quit drinking, but still abusive, now im older like 19 years, and this time, me and boyfriend just really love each other and do everything together, its just great, im worried i will get jealous, lol. no real need for that as long as we keep a good perspective, the child comes first. us second, its a matter of responsibility.

Quoting tabby21:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

skitskidaddle
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:34 PM

LOL, im old. like about 19 years older than my first pregnancy with my 19 yo son. XD 'mama' how cute, im gonna be mommy.

Quoting tabby21:

wow your young......how old is your little one? peanut is 15 months and all day long when he wants something is MAMA MAMA MAMA MAMA lol i swear sometimes i hear it in my sleep....lol this time next yr. hopefully princess will too lol

Quoting skitskidaddle:

Quoting tabby21:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN