Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Possible boy name??

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok so...me and DH is very indecisive about a name.  This is our first (and last lol) baby together.  We won't know the sex until January 7th, but we're trying to think of a few names.  We disagree with just about EVERY name.  Finally, I said ok...if it's a boy (which is what he's hoping for), you can pick the first name if I can have the middle.  DH is name after his father, just with a different middle name.  Here's what we have....

Robert Lawrence Ferguson...what do you all think?  The Lawrence btw is after my very much loved grandfather :) Robert is DH's first name.

Pregnancy Ticker
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM

The name sounds fine together.  JMO, but I am not a fan of naming children (first names) after people.  I like my kids to have names all their own.  I understand sentimentality, tradition, etc and respect that, it's just not for me.  I love using middle names as family names.  I think it's perfect way to honor someone special in your life.

Heather2001
by Heather on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM

That's a good, solid name.

Pagan_Mommy84
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I agree...but DH made a good point.  If I can give the middle name after someone, its kinda hypocritical of me to tell him he can't do the same with the first name.  Most people call him 'Bobby,' 3 people call him 'Robert'...and everyone calls his dad either dad, Bob, or Robert lol.  So I'm trying to think of a nick name that comes from Robert for the baby (if its a boy), that's different from his and his dad's.  But there's only so many that can come from that name lol.  I think it sounds good together, but i just wish the baby would have a first name that won't be confused with someone else...especially his dad, who's going to be livign in the same house lmao.  I think it'll be confusing, but I'm trying hard not to be selfish and see only my point of view =/

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

The name sounds fine together.  JMO, but I am not a fan of naming children (first names) after people.  I like my kids to have names all their own.  I understand sentimentality, tradition, etc and respect that, it's just not for me.  I love using middle names as family names.  I think it's perfect way to honor someone special in your life.

Pregnancy Ticker
Pagan_Mommy84
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Thank you ... but if it's a girl, we're in trouble lmao.  He likes the common names, and I like few of the common names.  So we're reeeeeally stuck on the girl part.  Have any suggestions? =p 

Quoting Heather2001:

Pregnancy Ticker
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I would erase your last name from this post, I js but I like the name.
Heather2001
by Heather on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM

LOL no, sorry.  I'm like you and prefer less common names.  Girls names were always easier for us, though.  It took us forever to agree on names for our boys - my youngest didn't have a name for the first day of his life because we couldn't agree on one.

Quoting Pagan_Mommy84:

Thank you ... but if it's a girl, we're in trouble lmao.  He likes the common names, and I like few of the common names.  So we're reeeeeally stuck on the girl part.  Have any suggestions? =p 

Quoting Heather2001:

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Is your grandfather still living?  What about Lawrence Robert? 

Quoting Pagan_Mommy84:

I agree...but DH made a good point.  If I can give the middle name after someone, its kinda hypocritical of me to tell him he can't do the same with the first name.  Most people call him 'Bobby,' 3 people call him 'Robert'...and everyone calls his dad either dad, Bob, or Robert lol.  So I'm trying to think of a nick name that comes from Robert for the baby (if its a boy), that's different from his and his dad's.  But there's only so many that can come from that name lol.  I think it sounds good together, but i just wish the baby would have a first name that won't be confused with someone else...especially his dad, who's going to be livign in the same house lmao.  I think it'll be confusing, but I'm trying hard not to be selfish and see only my point of view =/

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Pagan_Mommy84
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Maybe I shouldn't have put the last name, but I wanted to see how it all sounded together.  Well, I guess the last name is a given regaurdless lol.  And ty ... I have a hard time naming kids.  With my twins, my ex named one I named the other.  My ex named Raven Joel, and I named Jeremiah Lee.  but it took me months to decide on that name =p 

Quoting briellesmomma:

I would erase your last name from this post, I js but I like the name.

Pregnancy Ticker
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:19 PM

We don't have a single option we can agree on for a boy but we have a decent list for girls.  The middle name will be Laurel (family name) and my favorite is Mackenzie Laurel.  He's not excited.  A few of the others on our list are Dylan, Annabelle (tons of nickname options), Riley and Kate.  I'm not one for traditional names but I do like Kate a lot.

Quoting Pagan_Mommy84:

Quoting Heather2001:

Pagan_Mommy84
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Ohhh...Riley is pretty!!  Mackenzie Laurel, I like that a lot :)  I've actually never heard the name Laurel before, I love pretty names that you don't hear very often :) 

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

We don't have a single option we can agree on for a boy but we have a decent list for girls.  The middle name will be Laurel (family name) and my favorite is Mackenzie Laurel.  He's not excited.  A few of the others on our list are Dylan, Annabelle (tons of nickname options), Riley and Kate.  I'm not one for traditional names but I do like Kate a lot.

Quoting Pagan_Mommy84:

Quoting Heather2001:

Pregnancy Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)