Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tightening of the stomach or uterus

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:21 PM
  • 16 Replies

I'm 18 weeks and this is technically my 6th pregnancy (two miscarriages), but today I experienced lots of tightening in my stomach. I'm not sure if it was my uterus..but it was a little hard to breath. I just may be very paranoid because of my pregnancy history (my younger two boys were born 12 and 13 weeks premature). I will be on progesterone shots this week, so that will help calm my nerves.

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:23 PM

how far along are you?  if you just found out, chances are that it wasn't your uterus since it's still so small and low.  if you are more like 10+ weeks, it could be since you've been pg before.  i just had my first BHC at 15w and this is my 3rd pg.  i thought it was early but my uterus is already almost at my belly button.

azn_ladie82
by Melissa on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Sorry, I forgot to include that. I'm 18 weeks. I don't remember feeling this with my other children, then again it's been 5 years since I was last pregnant.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

how far along are you?  if you just found out, chances are that it wasn't your uterus since it's still so small and low.  if you are more like 10+ weeks, it could be since you've been pg before.  i just had my first BHC at 15w and this is my 3rd pg.  i thought it was early but my uterus is already almost at my belly button.

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:37 PM

then it probably was a BHC.

Quoting azn_ladie82:

Sorry, I forgot to include that. I'm 18 weeks. I don't remember feeling this with my other children, then again it's been 5 years since I was last pregnant.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

azn_ladie82
by Melissa on Nov. 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM

This is normal this early on?

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Quoting azn_ladie82:

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 5:15 PM

???  Everyone's "normal" is different :)  I am prone to them and, like I said, I had my first few last week in my 15th week.  The OB I saw for my monthly check (not my usual OB) wasn't super excited about it but I know that it's "normal" for me to have them starting early so I'm not worried at all.  The OB even noted hers starting at 18w with her 2nd baby.  Make sure you are getting plenty of water.  I'm a terrible water drinker which contributes to them.

Quoting azn_ladie82:

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Quoting azn_ladie82:

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

azn_ladie82
by Melissa on Nov. 18, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Ok. Thanks! I have been slacking on my water in take the past few days.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

???  Everyone's "normal" is different :)  I am prone to them and, like I said, I had my first few last week in my 15th week.  The OB I saw for my monthly check (not my usual OB) wasn't super excited about it but I know that it's "normal" for me to have them starting early so I'm not worried at all.  The OB even noted hers starting at 18w with her 2nd baby.  Make sure you are getting plenty of water.  I'm a terrible water drinker which contributes to them.

Quoting azn_ladie82:

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Quoting azn_ladie82:

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

lillettemomma
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I'm having the same thing and I am around 14 weeks....This is baby #4 and I'm pretty sure they are BHC
azn_ladie82
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Did you have them early with your other children?

Quoting lillettemomma:

I'm having the same thing and I am around 14 weeks....This is baby #4 and I'm pretty sure they are BHC

beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I started getting BH early in the second trimester with this baby (second baby). I get them really often if I don't drink enough water, especially since I have an irritable uterus. It's fine to be getting BH just as long as they aren't painful or regular.

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I have been told the more pregnancies you have the sooner BH rears It's head

Quoting azn_ladie82:

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Quoting azn_ladie82:

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured