Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

what to bring to the hospital, for the baby??

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • 17 Replies
Hi mommies
I have my bag ready but what should I bring for the baby aside from her coming home outfit?? Diapers?? Baby wipes??? Help pls!!!
CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrsjohnson2014
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I packed the diaper bag for more then just the hospital but it has a couple outfits, socks, pacifiers, diapers, wipes, the wrist and ankle rattles, a brush, one of the booger sucker things in it (not sure what it is actual called), blanket to cover her while feeding cause I am breastfeeding, burb cloth, hat, and bib, and in my hospital bag I got the baby book as well

mamiperuana2013
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Good call thank you, I gotta do laundry this week..
Devious103102
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:12 AM

You could bring those things with you if you have a specific brand/type you plan to use but normally the hospital will provide those things for you.

cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Everything i would have packed in diaper bag for an outing i packed for the hospital
skitskidaddle
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Camera! For u? Make up. Breast pump maybe. Natural baby ointment. Covers for baby's hands. She/he will scratch his/her face. They like to grasp at their face alot, and their nails are long by then.
skitskidaddle
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Bring a pram in case it snows, and do u have a good carseat? Carseat cover. Breast feeding cover.
PrimalMom
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:53 AM

In my opinion, it depends on what you are going to be charged for. If the hospital is going to nickle and dime you for every little thing, then bring it all. If your medical coverage handles just about everything, bring less. Much, much less. The hospital will often supply you with heaps of diapers at no extra charge and infant formula if you are formula feeding. Use everything they'll give you and take home all the extras. Don't forget to have Dad pack his own bag because its one less thing you'll have to worry about. You can take snacks if you want to but don't be surprised if what you packed isn't what you want once baby comes.

For the sake of simplicity (my preference and just assuming breastfed):

Slip-on shoes or comfy house shoes you can wear outside to go back home.

Boppy pillow

1 Baby outfit (stay in the hospital shirt and keep swaddled)

1 Mommy outfit (stay in the hospital clothes)

Toiletries with a treat for yourself: toothbrush/paste, minimal makeup, brush, hair ties/bobbies, soap and hair care. (Get samples of shamp/cond you've been wanting. Gives you something exciting in the bathroom to look forward to besides the amount of blood you'll be dripping.)

Blanket for baby that can double as nursing cover.

Phone and charger if you are like many and use your phone as main camera.

Johlsh
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:36 AM
You can bring diapers and wipes, but they supply them so its not necessary. Honestly all i brought for baby was two outfits, a nuk, the carseat, & a hat.
chenard79
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:18 AM

If you want to take a couple of outfits, socks, hand mittens. These things are not provided by the hospital. You can leave diapers and wipes at home unless you are pressing to use your own. blanket for the ride home.

iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:24 AM
You don't really need much at all for thr baby. I just brought an outfot and a boppy pillow. The hospital has everything else:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN