Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How can you not go to the appt?!?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM
  • 46 Replies
Im so mad hubby has not went to any of my Dr appt. With me. I have one tomorrow and I find out what im having and he's not even going! Who would want to miss that?
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabby21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM

i am currently 23 weeks with my second baby and hubby has NOT GONE TO ONE apt....the reason is (and i do NOT hold it against him) is because he works a very normal 9-5 job...so there is no way for him to go...with our first baby he did go to one apt. and that was the 20 week scan...so i understand why MY HUBBY doesnt go to my apt. but peanut goes with me :)

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Heather2001
by Heather on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Sorry.  =(  Does he have to work or something?

samsanders
by Samantha on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:40 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't know why but that stuff doesn't bother me. My husband works his butt off to support myself and this new baby who will be here in three months. He makes the ones he can but I don't get mad if he can't be there no matter what the appt is for. That's just my personality though.

Have you tried talking to him about it? And telling him how important it is to you? If not then try that. But if you have I don't know what to say other then I'm sorry!
Nela12
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM
He has a interview.

Quoting Heather2001:

Sorry.  =(  Does he have to work or something?

Nela12
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:45 PM
He said he has a job interview & he knows how bad I wanted him to go. I told him a month ago and 2 days ago and he claims that im Bearly telling him now.

Quoting samsanders:

I don't know why but that stuff doesn't bother me. My husband works his butt off to support myself and this new baby who will be here in three months. He makes the ones he can but I don't get mad if he can't be there no matter what the appt is for. That's just my personality though.

Have you tried talking to him about it? And telling him how important it is to you? If not then try that. But if you have I don't know what to say other then I'm sorry!

Heather2001
by Heather on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM

He's probably just got a lot on his mind and didn't remember you telling him.  Just from an outsider's perspective.

Quoting Nela12:

He said he has a job interview & he knows how bad I wanted him to go. I told him a month ago and 2 days ago and he claims that im Bearly telling him now.

Quoting samsanders:

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM

If he has a job interview, I would reluctantly have to let it go. That's pretty important. 

My husband has only missed one appointment, and he was really upset when he missed that one (he got stuck in traffic and literally missed it by like two minutes). But he has very flexible work hours and his boss told him at the beginning that he could go to every appointment. If it wasn't for that, I don't think he would have been able to make it to very many of them.

Chaos1229
by Tasha on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Eh my oldest sons dad had to work the day of of my anatomy scan it really didn't bother me.
kilahchaos
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like the interview is important. If you want to find out together, have the us tech write down the gender and open it together.
samsanders
by Samantha on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this
When it comes to men... Who are naturally busy and working hard, or most of them anyways lol, you do have to remind them more often about this kind of stuff. It was good you gave him a month warning but I would have said something every single week until your appt. Or every day haha. That's what I have to do with my hubby or he forgets. I'm so sorry he can't be there.

Quoting Nela12:

Quoting samsanders:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)